Body, Paint & Styling Alloy wheel refurbishment - Hertford

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Blues Legend, Friday 11th Sep, 2015.

1. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought I'd give these guys a try, since they are relatively new:
    Prestige Alloys
    Since the wheels were originally PVD-coated in black chrome (which it is illegal to carry out in the EU) it had to be powder coat.
    But I'm very pleased with the results.

Recommended :thumbup:
    Rydo likes this.
  2. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Looks like a really nice job that.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Smashing result there Nick. Have you got a shot of the whole car too please?
  4. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not a recent one - but I can do better than most ever will be able to:

Two for the price of one.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Old one in PVD real black chrome:

Nels likes this.
  5. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    These look bloody spot on to my eye. The exact shine and finish the originals had. Can you provide any more details on what you specifically asked them to do as I would like mine done again.

6. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I asked them to refurb the wheels in OEM black chrome. They did.

The palette of these PCs gets wider all the time.
  7. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    So I'm basically looking for black chrome when I'm enquiring.

They really do look fantastic I'd never guess that they aren't the original finish.

Someone is selling a full set of the wheels where only one has any paint damage and some centre cap bubbling for £250 and £40 to send. I've attached photos Blues Legend. Tell me what you think vs powder coating my originals which have some kerbing at the front.

Attached Files:

8. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ultimately, they're still chippy and they WILL corrode.

PC is never quite the same as PVD but especially with a layer of brake dust, you'll not notice. I was a bit slow to get mine done for that reason, but but now I don't really mind.

Since wheel damage is inevitable with our awful roads and rubbish granite kerbs, you can always have one PC wheel refinished again when you (or the tyrefitters) wreck it again.
    Rydo likes this.