Sold Alloy wheels, change or not?

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by joiner, Saturday 7th Sep, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Hello again folks, don't know if this is the right section but as stated else where in the forum I am contemplating selling my 19" Honda lightening alloys. I bought these new 2 years ago for my silver CL7 Accord which I was quite happy with, However on changing my car which is now Volcano grey I am not to happy with how it looks as I feel it clashes with them being almost the same colour but not. I am leaning towards getting silver wheels again but as always funds are always the problem, this brings me to my dilemma, what do fellow members think would be a sensible asking price for a set of these wheels? the specs are as follows

4 No, Honda lightening alloys 19x7.5 55 offset
    2 No Sunny 215x35x19 tyres 5mm tread
    2 No Triangle 215x35x19 tyres only done 300miles

Yes before you all start having a go at me they are cheap budget tyres but considering I only do 2500 miles a year and do max 65mph for economy reasons I have found over the years that they are just as good and do the job, the only problem I have ever had was the front two on changing cars noticed 1" parallel cracks on the inner side wall of front 2 sunnys, I have since been told this was caused by only running 32psi and hitting potholes:Rant:. I have attatched pictures for you to see, front passenger wheel is kerbed 75% all around edge but only on polished lip, rear passenger side has 1 kerb 4th Generation" long , driver side front and back have no kerbing at all, one other thing that I will say that is on fitting these to my tourer I never noticed that they were just touching my front calipers and no more and on reversing out of garage noticed fine white paint scrapings on both front wheels, on removing discovered it had rubbed a ring of laquer and paint off through to bare alloy at places, I applied a coat of touch up paint to the scraped ring to stop corrosion starting and have since added 20mm spacers. This is on the inside but obviously would affect price for a lot of folk. I have tried to be as honest as I can so would like to hear your thoughts on what would be a reasonable asking price for these as depending what they are worth would dictate whether I can afford to change or just stick with my present set up, look forward to all your thoughts good or bad. Thanks.

Front offside P1014667.
    Rear offside P1014666.

Rear nearside P1014672. P1014665.
    Front nearside P1014664. P1014668. P1014669. P1014671.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can another mod move this into the sales section. I will give you permission to see it as soon as I get home. You will have to put the asking price.

3. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    :Ermm:Alright sorry if I have been misunderstood, I posted initially under the general chat area on the hopes that fellow members would give me some input into what my wheels would be worth but somehow admin shifted it to this section:Wassat:, all I was looking for was some advice so that I could decide whether I would then sell them or not. If I was told that £400 were all they were worth I would stick with my current set up, if however they were worth more I would then decide on what price I would be willing to take for them depending on feed back, only then will I place an official for sale advert with quoted price in the appropriate area such as this.

Last edited: Monday 9th Sep, 2013
  4. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You'd be very lucky to get £400 for them just get them dipped a different colour plasti dip is great and if u don't like the colour in a year peel it off and start again. Plus you can get them sprayed for under £100

5. brownsheep Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Joiner...

I absolutely love your car... Looks and sits nice!

I was looking at the same Alloys as yours from Honda but before I committed I wanted to ask if you could give me some advice on how the car runs/fuel economy / comfort with those rims... any problems with it?

And in you mentioned they would scrape unless spacers were fitted is that the case... anywhere you would recommend for the spacers? and have you had your car lowered at all?

apologies for the 21 questions but am really excited to find out.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

6. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Hi brown sheep, fuel economy I can't help you with as I had these wheels fitted on getting my car home from dealer so did not do a comparison , ride quality is harder but whether that was the wheels only or combined with the h&r springs is questionable but depends what you class as hard, I now run 20" and can't tell any difference. As for the spacers, well it depends what engine size you have, if you have the 2.4 as I do then as you can see from the pics it's the calliper carrier that rubs on the front but only by 1mm, the back is not a problem don't know if this would affect the 2.0 L as they have different callipers as does the diesel up front. To overcome this what I did was fit H&R wheel spacers 20mm front and back as had rear ones from previous accord, these bolt directly onto hubs with new nuts so become as one with the existing hub, you then bolt your alloys on as normal, your exsisting studs will protrude through the spacer by 5mm but this is not a problem as the lightning alloys have recesses between the bolt holes. Clearence wise there is plenty room with the spacers fitted and there is no chance of rubbing even lowering further and fitting adjustable rear arms would not cause rubbing . I purchased my spacers from Larkspeed by the way, think they retail for £97 I think plus P&P.

7. brownsheep Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Many thanks for your message and tips...

Haha I get you, mines a 2.2 I-DTEC (Diesel) so will probably have smaller brakes compared to your 2.4 beast.

Oh wow... 20" rims, would love to see some photos man. Have you sold your 19" already? I am looking to get hold of a set but not found anything reasonable price and Honda themselves can source them but they are also ridiculously expensive.

I will look into the the suspension and spacers as I feel it will be good to have them as the arches seem to swallow anything you put on without spacers.

Thanks again.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Type-S 2.2 I-DTEC and 2.4 i-VTEC have the same twin-pot brakes on the 8th Generation. The normal 2.2 i-DTECs and 2.0 i-VTEC share the same smaller single-pots.

9. brownsheep Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi DD,

Mine, unfortunately isn't the Type-S, so the brakes should be ok and not scrape with those 19" m200s.

Thanks for the info.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    From what I can see you have the twin caliper front set up the give away is the twin semi circles on the caliper.

11. brownsheep Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was that to me? How can you see my callipers dude? Haha

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @joiner just chasing this thread to keep the sales section in order are these still for sale?

13. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    No, these were sold out with the forum, apologise for not removing the add.

14. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.