General Alloy Wheels refubished

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primarycare, Saturday 8th Jun, 2013.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    :GoodJob:

Picked up my alloys today, had them done at a place in Derby who have done a cracking job, like new.. No more curb damage no more flaking bubbling paint just shiny clean wheels just like new .. Very happy bunny :Grin: will take a few pics and put them up. This place worth a go if your wanting your wheels sorting out.. They have sites in Birmingham Nottingham and Leicester to..

The Derby site (London Road they have two in Derby) OFFER TO AOC (members) can get a decent 15% discount if you mention the Club, but you need to speak to Mo

If you want to check out their website heres the link - Alloy Wheels, Alloys, Tyres, Part Worn Tyres, Refurbishment, Alloy Wheel Refurbishment, Custom alloys

refurb1before. refurb2. refurb3. refurb4.

First shot is one of the wheels before refurbishment. Taken with a phone and does not show the worm like corrosion going on under the paint. The other pics are of the wheels after they were done.

Last edited: Sunday 9th Jun, 2013
    Ichiban and Sadsack like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Spot on thanks for this bud. Get some pictures of your alloys :Thumbup: lets look at work.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will do bud. Get them on tomorrow

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How much was it as mine are in desperate need of refurbishment soon.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cost me £190 and money well spent. Very happy with the finish. you would need to speak to Mo as type size and finish will have a bearing on price they do have loan wheels though which for me in Northampton was handy

Mention the club for discount

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I had my wheels done by these guys in Birmingham Tysley branch couple of years ago, they did a good job.

7. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Shame they do not have an outlet near Manchester. Was washing my car earlier and noticed I have kerbed one of the front alloys:Angry:

Worse thing is I don't even know when :Blink:

There's some general flaking and bubbling so could do with maybe getting them refurbished anyway

Glad you're happy with yours Primarycare. Nothing better when something done propeer. Looking forward to the pics

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Updated with some pics :Thumbup:

9. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your wheels look ace:Thumbup: I hope youve waxed them:Wink:

I had my wife's Ignis wheels powder coated for £30 a rim by City Powder coatings in Brum. For £120 it was money well spent as they hardly had any paint left on them. I used Colinite wax on them and its made cleaning them a lot easier.

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not yet but next job after I get my snapped anti roll bar bolt drilled out! It was going so well to drop links came off easy as did bushes except for last bolt ahhh

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There's always one that has to be awkward !! LOL

Last edited: Monday 10th Jun, 2013
  12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep wheels sorted new rear bushes new drop links polished and a bloody snapped bolt. Still be sorted tomorrow then she is off in few weeks and on the market.
    Can i advertise her in her yet? Not sure if I have been about long enough to qualify??

Last edited: Tuesday 11th Jun, 2013
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Of course you can mate :Smile:

Anyone that can see the "For sale/wanted" section can advertise :Thumbup:

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

found an 03 2.4 Type-S gray 73000 miles Honda history
    had 3 aowners though
    wants £3895 sums in good order factory spec no satvsv expensive?? thoughts guys please

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Probably is on the high side for the year I think.

16. Hoho15 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks good pal

17. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had a look at this type-s as off work recovering from an OP at the moment. He would not budge on price and only offered 2.5k as a px price on mine which I thought was nuts!
    I would rather an ex than a type-s but just can't find one and a face lift for under 5k does not seem to exist. Always the way when im looking :Smile:

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not meant to be Keith,for some reason the 7th Generation 2.4 residuals have jumped by 10% pre-recession no one wanted a petrol Accord now its the opposite.

Diesel residuals are really poor for a 7th Generation the word has spread about its hidden traits :Tea:

19. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I don't get it still will keep looking. 7th Generation diesel is no worse if not better than a said Audi a4 or Passatt tdi all back to the badge and snob value.

Anyone know what the stock stereo is like on the accord, i have the satnav at the moment but never use satnav so won't miss if can the stock system accommodate xlink ?

Last edited: Tuesday 18th Jun, 2013