Guides Almost free addition of AUX in for Android, Iphone, Ipod to Nav + CD Changer models

Accord 03-08,

1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    nauest submitted a new guide:

Almost free addition of AUX in for Android, Iphone, Ipod to Nav + CD Changer models - Accord 03-08,

Check the full guide here.

legend-ary likes this.
  2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Just need to let you loose with a nav unit now to do the same for reverse camera and external media player.

3. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is there any way to make the screen come on even if the DVD unit isn't working/connected, just so the display shows what's currently going on.

It's just that I appear to have had a failed update that has b0rked my satnav entirely... now the DVD drive doesn't start up and the screen fails to come on at all. It seems that the dvd drive gave a disc error during the update and then hung and it couldn't be restarted... end result no more sat nav.

But as I have a grom kit installed, I can still get audio through the aux channel, and the A/C and heated screens seem to work... it's just the sat nav software that needs reflashing and I'm stumped as to how that can be done now... I was considering replacing the entire headunit with a stock one from a non sat nav car. but would then lose the top display I think.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've beat him to it there @PeteMM I can show HDMI, VGA or composite on PFL CL9 :jumpup:

@Heckler check my Project Log for Roobix

legend-ary and nauest like this.
  5. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    OK Jealous of that, there a write up somewhere?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There isn't a write as I did way before joining AOC

I'd need to rip everything apart to go and check the wiring again to do a write up. I will get round to doing this one day.

Check the pics in my Project Log see if there is enough in them for you to replicate it.

nauest likes this.
  7. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is that the android OS on Sat Nav thread?

If there was a quick and simple way to do it.... meaning basic plug and play, some one else builds it and I'd certainly consider buying one. :Smile:

Hell, I've got a Tesco Hudl tablet here (1st version) running 4.4 that could be used as a source but I'd tried using it for satnav in the past on my old car when the maps didn't show new areas and it's flaky due to poor GPS reception and only wi-FI... Probably best to grab a simple Android stick as you can pick them up for £20-30

But it all sounds like a lot of work... and I'm unable to do it myself.

8. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    To be fair, my car already has a roof mounted TV in the back anyway, probably not worth the extra effort!

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team