Service & Maintenance Alternator "where to buy" Refurbished Ones Any Good? Tensioner Pulley (Item 4)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Wednesday 10th Sep, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi All

Had a slight noise coming from the aux belt area and I quite confident it is the alternator bearing or possibly the tensioner pulley. I heard it after a long quite hard drive on the weekend to visit family.

However it has since disappeared and not come back throughout the working week commute
    I fear it is the bearing on the alternator or the tensioner pulley is started to go but wanted to understand my options so when the time comes I am prepared.

To completely sort the issue I am thinking of changing the alternator and tensioner pulley to cover all bases.

- Is it easier to change the alternator or it is actually easier to change the bearings in the alternator? Does the bearings require machining pressing out and in?-
    - How about refurbished alternators any links to good sellers? Are they any good or is it just best to buy OEM direct from Honda?

- With regards to the tensioner pulley, instead of replacing the whole unit can Item 4 just be replaced whilst re-using items 13 and 6 and the tensioner base
    E__3600.

PS: the belt routing and shorter belt has already been updated a couple months ago

Thanks again guys

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks - wil look into that