General America Might Get An Accord Type-R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeviateDefiant, Friday 9th Oct, 2015.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    2015-Honda-Accord-Coupe-400whp-V6_2.

Honda officially announced that there will be a unique Accord gracing race tracks across America this year. The Honda Performance Development (HPD) safety car, which made its debut at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama the other weekend, was designed to be what Honda calls “a fun, fast vehicle fully capable of pacing Indy cars at both road courses and oval tracks across North America.”

A 400-Horsepower Honda Accord Type-R Is Just What America Needs

John Dickson likes this.
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That could sell nicely in Europe as well.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I wouldn't hold my breath, but the V6 in the Accord sounds amazing when in VTEC. :dribble: I would love to have one of those coupe, they look the bomb, classy cars.

John Dickson likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I adore the USDM Accord Coupe, would own one in a heartbeat.

exec, Nighthawk and John Dickson like this.
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah it won't come here I'm sure for the reason that it would sell well so why would HUK want that to happen?

They do look lovely but perhaps that's another problem they look too good to sell against the Audi A7 (just looks totally wrong and out of proportion from every angle) and the horrendous BMW GT range (I'm, sure there is an "I" missing from that model line :Rolf:). Why anyone would pay the money they ask for those ridiculous looking cars I do not know. The SsangYong Rhodius looked terrible but at least it was only £19k to look terrible and to be fair you did get a massive amount of car for the money.

Harvey and exec like this.