Electrical & Lights An Odd Question

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Grahame_E, Thursday 5th Dec, 2013.

1. Grahame_E Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

Not been on the site for a while but not had reason to be really, my Accord has been excellent since I got it in Sept 2012 and I'm still really enjoying driving it.

I have an odd question though.

I have noticed now we have the dark evenings that when I switch on the headlights a small red light comes on in the overhead courtesy light console.

I've not noticed it before and tbh it doesn't seem to be causing any problems, I've looked in the encyclopedia that is the owners manual but either missed any reference to it or couldn't find it.

I'm just curious about what it is, why it's there and what it means.

If anyone knows I'd be grateful if they could let me know.

Thanks

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Think this is just a small LED to give some ambient light to the gear selector. Mine (2012 EX) is blue rather than red.

3. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    It's ambient lighting, the EX has blue I think the GT has red. Put something white in the front foot wells, you'll also see they have ambient lighting but it's hardly noticeable unless you're wearing white trainers

4. Grahame_E Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that, I would not have guessed it was for that but I have looked at the gear stick and it is clearly lit up in red.

It's nice little touches like that which make owning a Honda such a pleasurable experience for me.