Off-Topic Andy Murray

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Monday 30th Jan, 2012.

?

In your opinion will Andy Murray ever win a grand slam?

Poll closed Saturday 4th Feb, 2012.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

After that amazing Australian Open mens' tennis final on Sunday, the question has to be asked...

...in your personal opinion will Andy Murray ever win a Grand Slam tennis tournament?

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think he did so well in Australia after only a few weeks of coaching by Ivan Lendl that he's gonna do it...I reckon he'll win the US Open this year.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am sure he will and very soon.He pushed and nearly beat Djokovic in semifinal the other day.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    there is no doubt he has tallent but when you see the world no1 and 2 play each other. you begin to wander whether they will be in each final for a good few years yet.

5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Andy who?

Does he play for the Scottish XV?

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    when scotland becomes a country in its own right......will we no longer associate him with english tennis?

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Whats this "we"?

I ain't English lol

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think Murray will win a grand slam. The in laws have a debenture for Wimbledon, so wifey and I go to the men's final most years. When you see Nadal, Djokovic and Federer play, you can see that Murray is out of his league. One of the reasons his ranking is so high is that he plays every tournament going, and to be fair he quite often wins them. But you will also see that the other top players quite often don't play these smaller tournaments, thus Murrays ranking goes up.
    I also think he's getting too old, most top players would have won a grand slam by his age.

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If he's winning, he'll be Englsh. If he's losing he'll be Scottish.
    We used to do the same with Greg Rusedski, always the Canadian import when he lost.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL Andy has all the traits of Tiger Tim, good but not good enough.

11. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Love tennis, i love the way, Nadal plays, lots of drama, Love Djokovic off court humour, and Roddicks missile serves.

As for Andy, not in my favorites but, defo is on the up, and will have a short stint at the top, like Djokovic will/is.

12. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Murray will never win a grand slam. The top 2 players are in a different league to him, at most he's one of the best of the rest. As said his ranking is because of the quantity of matches he plays not because of the quality of his playing. If he was going to win a grand slam he would have done it by now.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The doubters had their right to say NEVER , but Andy playing well for now..

will he be flying the Scottish flag for long when begins to lose, or will be be the new face for SNP referendum ?:Whistle:

14. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cj- bit harsh on your favourite Tiger Tim!!
    Like Andy a bit better since he started smiling!

15. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I must have missed that. You mean he actually smiled!

16. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol, yes he did & then he cried!!!

17. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I thought it funny the 1st time he won at wimbledon was for team GB in the olympics & couldn't claim it for Scotland.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks like the British Accord Owners have said no to the Scottish Andy! LOL

He may get that gold for Scotland if plays the commonwealth games in Glasgow, what the odds of that happening..

19. BuffetSlayer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Erm, I am not really into Tennis, but didnt Andy Murray just win the US Open a couple of weeks back?

I'm sure on the radio they said it was a grandslam victory, the first the UK has seen for 76 years.....?

Cheers

Buff

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It would have been greater if the media reported the news as "it was a grandslam victory, the first Scotland has seen for 76 years....."

Andy doesn't class himself as British as I make from his entourage or Andy personal outspoken views on England.