General Annoying rattle!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Sunday 1st Jun, 2014.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had an annoying rattle for a while now which I suspected was the large exhaust heat shield so today I jacked up the car and found that the alloy heat shield had broke on both fixings on the passenger side.

Needless to say the annoying rattle is no more and neither is the heat shield.

My predicted benefits are: :Tongue:

More MPG cos I've saved weight and maybe even more speed :lol:
    No need for the heating to be on now as I have underfloor heating (I don't even have this at home!!!!) :lol:
    Hopefullly it'll set on fire and I can get an 8th Generation :Rolf:

:GoodJob:

Irishgooner likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey-up Dave long time no hear bud.good you found the rattle I had the same issue but replaced the sheild. 8th Generation eh let me know if you need help to get one.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey up mate yeah been busy recently I've been lurking on here tho lol. Unfortunately an 8th Generation is along way off for me there isnt really anything wrong with mine apart from the clutch and the wheels wanting a refurb shes edging towards the 180k mark now.

I'm thinking that I should keep her a bit longer she really is a pleasure to drive you wouldn't know it's done that mileage. So the plan is clutch and DMF (if Honda say it wants it or do i out one in to be safe) and wheel refurb.

I have contemplated throwing the grand at another car but a high mileage I-DTEC could end up wanting a clutch and DMF and then there's also the DPF to worry about :Frown:

4. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    That's a FUNNY post mate.

Dave likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    180K you need to get it into the 200K mile club matey, only a few cars have got there and lived too. I-DTEC DPF concerns are valid but each car behaves differently some of them are prone to it and some don't,quite frankly it is how they have been driven and maintained.

If you did change the clutch and DMF then you are getting more out of the old girl cheaper than buying a new car.:Niceone:

6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah changing the clutch & DMF means another couple of years of motoring (it's just gutting to know that the parts are so cheap but without the special tool I can't get it done cheap so it's got to go to the dealers) I really want to keep it and get it over 200k it's not used a drop of oil since the last change 2k miles ago it's a blooming good car still plenty of life left in her yet!