General Another Aux/xcarlink question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuH, Tuesday 25th Jun, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Okay, think I'm warming to the idea of an xcarlink or similar. I've the built-in 6 CD Changer/Sat Nav, if I fit one of these will I still be able to use the CD changer?

2. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes - that's the set up I've got in my 7th Generation. I've got HFT, sat nav and cd auto changer. The xcarlink connector fits into the spare socket on the back of the head unit ( no need for a y cable) and you can still use the auto changer.

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Excellent news, I'll pull the trigger on one.

4. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm gonna get one for my 7th Generation. It hasn't got Sat Nav but it has the 6cd changer.

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I only want the Aux input so I've ordered one of these:

CTVHOX002 (Mobile).

My idea is to put an Aux socket at the back of the cubby hole under the DVD rom, so I've ordered one of these:

phpThumb_generated_thumbnai.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    A Connects2 CTVHOX002.

Cool, lets us know how you get on with installation. Post some pics of install.

7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Will do, planning to do it Sunday but not guaranteed. Got the panel mount aux socket this morning, looks neat enough.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Well that went well. Fitting it was straight forward enough and only took about 30 mins. Connected the battery for the initial test and was greeting with...nowt. The head unit will not go to Aux. So either I've bought the wrong unit, the unit is a duffer or the Aux input is done. I was doing it late this afternoon so had not chance to check for voltages etc and to be honest I was that psised off with it I couldn't be bothered. Typical of things at the moment.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Just check everything over mate, it's usually something simple that gets missed that causes issues.

10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I did try the basics. When I grab a minute I'll give the seller a ring and see if they've sent the right lead. No enthusiasm to go back in at the moment!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange that it could be a Dead on arrival unit ?

12. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

DOA, very possible. I didn't have my voltmeter to test for voltages. I know what they'll say when I phone; send it back for testing or purchase another and send the original back if it works.

13. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wahab Ish hemel hempstead
    Hi Guys,

I had been using Xcarlink bluetooth one for almost a year now and the sole purpose was to stream music via deeper app. But since the install i can't use the HFT any more as the cable in the back of cd changer wa unplugged to plug the xcarlink in. It is becoming a more need to use phone in car i was wondering if there is a way i can make use of HFT along with streaming music.

Do i need Y cable to enable this? Please share your knowledge.

Thanks