Introductions Another Hello from Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andacami, Wednesday 6th Feb, 2013.

1. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts
    :Wave:

Herts / North London border actually.... I have a 2003 Accord Exec Auto Tourer, had it from new on 03 plate (July). It's a great car and I intend to keep it until it or I fall apart :Wink:

I now want to do a "few things" with it. This week I'll be fitting a Witter detachable towbar and Honda specific wiring. The next thing I want to do (and here comes the questions) is:

1. Replace fog/driving lamps as they are cracked and corroded
    2. Replace passenger door rubber seal as it falling off
    3. Fix / replace the SatNav DVD unit - it says "DVD disk is reading an error"
    4. Get some more power

So for 1 and 2 where would you suggest I go for decent pricing and customer service, any suppliers offer AOC member discounts? For 3 I'm thinking I just need to replace the DVD drive or am I way off the mark...? For 4, again anyone make any suggestions in the Herts, North London area and should I go for mechanical or ECU upgrades.

I appreciate that's a lot to ask so I'm off do a full search and if anyone wants to suggest the best thread / forum area for each of the above that'll help :Smile:

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 7th Feb, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Another "Hello..." from Hertfordshire

Hi Andacami ,

Welcome onbaord for options 1 and 2 you have two options buy brand from Holdcroft Honda new or speak to Chris at Phoenix Close Honda he has a few bits from dismantled cars.

The fogs may not be for you car has he does have a lot of diesel trim and the diesel fogs on the pre-facelift are different.

For point three http://hondakarma.com/threads/111/

Point four bud in your area I am clueless .

:Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham

Hi Andacami, Welcome to AOC.

I see Ichiban has answered most of your questions.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to number four either :Unknown:

Do let us know if you manage to get any further with this.

4. Andacami Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Herts

So, I've finished the tow-bar fitting. Wow, what a job! two and a bit days...

Having searched these very forums for some advice on getting the power wire through the bulkhead, I was about to drill a hole but then thought about it again and had a good rummage round. Guess what... there is a ready made hole from the passenger footwell into the wheel arch (covered by the wheel arch cover). Phew.

So, to help others, here are some pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/106763642014971856924/albums/5842940852494402353