Electrical & Lights Another HFT Victim - HFT Not Working

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Tuesday 2nd Jun, 2015.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Guys

It was inevitable but very disappointed that it has happened.
    My HFT stopped working last week - no beeps upon pressing the steering wheel button.
    I read a few threadswhere it metioned to try a few things including: Disconnecting and re-connecting the green connector into th emain bluetoth module, Cleared the HFT system and re-flowing the header connectors on the actual Bluetooth module main and daughter board PCBs.

It worked for a few days but now the Bluetooth keeps dropping out and occasionally no beeps are present when the steering wheel buttons are pressed.

I really think its had it now. Really peeved - Honda's don't do this - lol

I need handsfree in the car and was wondering what othe rpeople have done to resolve the issue?

-Buy a new replacement OEM Honda Bluetooth module
    -Buy the Xcarlink option - link to the IPOD xcarlink unit I have - Only issue is that you have to o the cd changer mode to answer a call
    -Buy and install a parrot system - Most likely CK3000 or CK3100

Does anyone know exactly what's wrong with the Honda Bluetooth HFT system?

I know the OEM HFT system isn't great but its an integrated part of the car and I hate having buttons on the dash and steering wheel that don't do anything.

Thanks guys
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd go for something aftermarket like a Parrot one.
  4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah - that's what I was thinking.
    Will look into the parrot option.