Introductions Another Proud FR-V Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Meenx, Sunday 29th May, 2016.

1. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Hi All,

So, I own an 07 Plate Honda FR-V 2.2 CTDi and I happened upon this forum in my quest to replace my stereo with an aftermarket unit. I have read some very helpful posts and will be sticking around for as long as my FR-V remains roadworthy: I say this considering my car is over 220k Miles, though has no issues so far.

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @Meenx and welcome to HK.
    Must say @220K you probably have the 2nd highest mileage Honda here. There is a I-CDTI Accord with 300k and a 2011 Jazz Hybrid with 194k
    Tell us more about your FR-V :Smile:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Meenx :welcome:

That's an impressive mileage. Sounds like it is just about 'run in' now...:Laughing:

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Meenx :Hey:

:garage:

7. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Thanks all for the welcome. I bought the car just shy of 200k: it was the cheapest I could find for that grade as I wanted a diesel with a timing chain and the 2007 model was hailed as the one to go for. In the last 2 years, my wife has learned to drive and passed her test with the car and she now drives it to work. We have now added some 20K miles on the clock but other than brake pad, discs and callipers replacement and also alternator fan belt and tensioner replacement, the car has held up fine so far.

I have bought the workshop manual and the plan is I will be doing more of the small repairs myself so might be on the forum a lot to ask and receive some guidance. Unfortunately, the passenger side doors were recently dented when the car was parked in a public car park and with the quotes I am getting for the repairs, I might just have to live with the dent until the car falls apart. Will add some photos soon.