General Another urgent help plzz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hsyasin, Friday 30th Aug, 2013.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hi all,
    I'm changing the engine oil and for the life of me can't unscrew the b**** oil filter on my CL7 :Angry:
    this is my second oil change since i bought it, and when i changed it first time around, couldn't open it either so left it there, but now a mate at work suggested to drive a screw driver through it and then should be easy to twist, and what has happened now is, i tried driving a screw driver through :Foolish:and what that has done is poked a tiny hole in the oil filter but couldn't make it go straight through and now stuck here, can't really do anything.:Sobbing:
    Plz help me, as i need my car.
    the oil filter on my engine is at the back and its in a really awkward position, very very difficult to get to.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Where is the filter on the petrol? Is it at the rear towards the the bottom of the engine offset ?

How are you accessing from under the car?

What tool do you have at home?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep CJ thats what I have,

this is also good and multi purpose but will get your damaged one off easily Used one of these for years on cars and bikes..

ADJUSTABLE 12" OIL FILTER REMOVAL WRENCH PLIER TOOL ADJUSTS FROM 60 - 115MM(12") | eBay

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you go mate .. The guide suggest to remove the splash guard there is no need for that ..just remove the small inspection hatch.

the oil removal tool is not great either you can't torque the filter easily you have to rely on number positioning. It shows the location of the filter accurately.

Basic Oil Change • Honda Karma

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Spot on CJ

Thought it was in that area. Not that easy to get your hands on without the tools..

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have that tool but don't use it on filters which are routine and easy to remove .I uses that tool for stubborn filters as the claws have a habit of compressing the thin filter outer shell and scraping the paint off also .You don't care if you damage a old filter but a new filter I don't want to be heavy handed.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's surprisingly easy if you use the cup filter wrench , the 8th oil filter is super easy.

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I use it to remove filters as you correctly say it will scratch and or damage the skin so no good for tightening up new ones but never failed me in getting stubborn filters off

9. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yes, its behind the engine and its freaking tight... and now m unable to use my car as its without engine oil, will cycle to halfords or toolstation to buy some sorta wrench

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The wrench I have put a link on for will do the job, I bought mine from Halfords years ago and it has never failed me. Had a look where you are if you were a few dozen miles closer I would have popped round and got it off for you. Its the rubber that stuck the old screwdriver trick can work but ofter wrecks the case and you can end up with a mangled case with the base still stuck to the engine, plus you end up covered in oil...

Get a tool you only need buy it once and always handy to have.. Just sorry your not closer bud..

11. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot mate for ur kind thought of helping out, really appreciate that..
    Yes, i'll cycle down to halfords tomorrow morning and get it.. its back to fitness club for me this weekend then :Smile:

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No problem bud, would have been happy to pop over but bit of a trek from here :Frown:

13. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

went down to toolstation and bought both type of wrenches, but still the dam thing isnt moving..
    what should i do now, as i can't drive the car to a garage, as havent put new oil in and even if i put new oil in, the whole in the oil filter will drain it quickly, any opinions as to what can be done now??

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Raise the off side of the car, take the front offside wheel off.

From there you can put your hand in and grab the oil filter. Grip it hard and twist should come off. If that don't do it, try your new wrenches from that position.

Personally I've never had any issues removing any oil filters, with the front of car sat on stands, from underneath the car theres plenty of access to remove the filter any number of ways.

15. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
  16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks like it would grab on hard to any filter !

Me likes ... note to self get one ! LOL

Phil1978 likes this.