Service & Maintenance Another year another MOT passed.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Doc, Thursday 20th Feb, 2014.

1. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Well it's that time again and my car sailed through it's MOT again.

My emissions were down again this year from Peak 1: 0.16 and Zero drift: 0.01 in 2013 to Peak 1: 0.15 and Zero drift: 0.01 in 2014. Not much of a difference but still a lot less than Peak 1: 0.40 and Zero drift: 0.03 in 2012, and still heading down every year since I've owned it. I can't say whether this year it's due to my continued use of 2 stroke or CJ's injector calibration, but either way both are only doing it good. I did have to go for a little drive past the garage then double back before the MOT to get it warm which it barely was when the emissions were tested, plus I forgot to give it an Italian tune as well before hand, so I think this could have been even lower this time.

I did get one advisory, which I already knew about. My FNS tyre has only 2mm of tread left and is due a change. I definitely can put this down to CJ's injector calibration as I've been driving it through corners and roundabouts ever since it was done. Sorry CJ lol :Friends:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Come back this summer for another free check and coffee also get the fuel filter changed before you come :Wink:

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wish you were nearer!

Fancy moving down south. We normally have sunshine, but at moment just rain and floods. Don't live near a river you won't get insurance.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get yourself up north get the misses out get to see the North Yorkshire moors we are friendly lot don't bite . You leave your car take my first gen go get some historic Honda mojo through you.:Wink:

few Yorkshire brewed ale and fine food you will be one moving up naarth ..:Wink:

5. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

any good touring sites near your place CJ I am fed up with Solway coast and looking for some new spots ? :Search: :Happy:

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Cheers. I've already got a new filter, I'm just waiting for a few dry days so I can fit it and also do a coolant change and fit them new rear discs.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Loads bud let me know where and when, shed pulling aint my cuppa but still know a few around here.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Remember when you doing the coolant change don't remove the drain plug completely use it as a normal tap, if you do remove it you will need a new O ring as it will leak when you nip it up! :Wink: .

when you fill it up with fresh coolant the diesel takes an eternity to warm up and bleed so be ready to keep it running for 30 minutes to bleed it .. The last thing you want is air in your cooling system it screws up the fueling and running of the car.

Doc likes this.
  9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Cheers, I'm going to have a good read of the workshop manual before hand to see how they recommend bleeding the system as well. It seems like it could potentially be a PITA if not done in the right way.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have a read of this too Honda Accord Coolant change 7th Generation i-CDTI

11. maurice Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    My 03 Accord passed first time a week ago, one advisory for tyres, another for marks on the headlight lenses. I assume this has been caused by the washer/spray system on the car (every time I used the windscreen washers, the lights get a spray as well!).
    does anybody know if I can by-pass this headlight spray? And is there any way to clean the lenses (assuming the marks are external?).
    Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks