Facelift Model Another year.....another passed MOT

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Saturday 7th Dec, 2013.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well had the Accord in for MOT this morning and it passed with no advisories. The cars got 86k and runs like a dream. I had clutch slip 20k ago but nothing since so not sure if it just adjusted itself.

I'll be keeping her for another year and then look at options. Like the look of the Type-S Tourer and they'll probably be in my price range then. Just a bit concerned with the DPF issues.

Great to see the forum is going from strength to strength!
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    DPF What issues .. there is nothing get the car patched up all its software updates and drive the car as you would with the correct oil.

As for clutch slip it does become an issue in this damp and cold conditions with condensation at this time of the year.. you will be surprise how much of condensation takes place in the bell housing.

Congrats on the MOT mate , would not like a bill list of things to do just before Christmas. I have a big purchase of 4 new tyres coming up soon..:Blink:
  3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Paul how are you?
  4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just seen a few immense threads on DPF's and with buying second hand will have to get from Honda (probably HH again!).

I got four years the other week. Went for the Goodyear Efficient Grip think they were sport or something but A rated across the board. I paid £275 for four fitted from Charlie Browns in Wakefield.

I'll keep any eye on the clutch slip but do drive her steady so that helps. As I say not had it for ages now.

Dave - I'm good ta. Been busy with work and life in general! Good to see the forum continues to go from strength to strength.
    Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had clutch slip on and off for the last 2 years although it now seems to be getting worse. The car was exactly 3 years old when I bought it and had 130k on it now it's edging its way to 172k it could be the original clutch as the car up until I bought it had averaged like 43k a year so must have spent all its life on the motorway. As for DPFs there what are putting me off buying a newer diesel and when I fork out for clutch and DMF I think I will be keeping mine forever lol.
  6. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I booked my MOT for tomorow...we will see!! last year fails for rear shock absorber (leak) and advice for anti roll bars rubbers...all was done!!
  7. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    My diesel Tourer has just sailed thru MOT @140K with no advisories ...well impressed!
    SpeedyGee and Chunkylover53 like this.
  8. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And MOT PASSed!! just advice for tyres and antiroll bar bushes on rear. and price for MOT only £10 !!
  9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought mine was good value at £27!