Service & Maintenance Another years MOT

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Tuesday 15th Dec, 2015.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well had the car since 14th March 2011 and have racked up nearly 60,000 miles in that time with 110,000 on the clock now. It was time for that dreaded yearly MOT.

In it went to ATS in Huddersfield for a £19.95 GroupOn MOT. An hour later I'm told it's passed :Smile:

Only the one advisory and that was front brake pads were wearing thin. I'll change these at the weekend weather permitting.

The car runs absolutely spot on and I still love driving it even after all these years. In the last 12 months its cost me fuel, two droplinks and this MOT. It's in for service in a week or two in Wakefield Honda where she'll get the normal 0W30 treatment.

I'm hoping for another year or two yet and hoping the clutch keeps holding on (still on original clutch!!).

I arely get on here these days but the site looks really good! Well done CJ and crew.

Nels, John Dickson, Ichiban and 2 others like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Seems we only hear from you at MOT time @Paul :Laughing:

Good to hear it flew straight through anyway.

Paul likes this.
  3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I do get on every now and then but work is just mental and with kids and the wife I don't get much time!

I came on a few months ago when I started with a knocking on the front. It went into Wakefield Honda for them to have a look at FOC. They diagnosed one droplink which I bought from them and fitted myself. The noise persisted so I took it back. They'd missed the other side droplink but to their credit supplied and fitted it at their expense whilst I waited. The service manager (Lee) is spot on and a real petrol head.

Just having a look round and there is so much information on here now! It really is excellent!

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats on the pass, plenty of life left in her yet mate mines almost on 195k now :Smile:

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Barely broken on then Dave yet!

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pleased to hear she passed no bother @Paul and she's still serving you well. :gohonda:

Paul likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Smashing news about your MOT Paul. People like you help us prove just how reliable an Accord is. :Niceone:

Been there too, so I know just what you mean :Laughing: Hope things settle down soon for you.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to hear your STOCK diesel still working like a fine Japanese clock Suprising isnt why stock diesel just plod along where tuned one just love to break down. Personally i blame f@dpr1ck file uploads have ruined the I-CTDI reputation.

Paul likes this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Rolf:

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My CN1 was stock. 11 years old and 8 MOT passed 1st time. :Icecream:

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't know why iCTDis or iDTECs even need to be chipped. Even my 150bhp is like s#!t off a stick Type-S will be a bit quicker. If you really must have more power buy it in stock form. Then of course there is the fine invention that is petrol....

The next person that says to me "You should get it chipped...." might just get a slap....

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be fair I never think I could do with more power. When I had my last I-CDTI remapped all I got was plumes of black sooty smoke. I could leave lines on the road!

I deliberately left this one stock and have enjoyed it just the same.

John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    weasel line on the road :gotcha: , would the diesel heads get on their knees and snort it. LOL its supposed to be Afrodisiac.

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think it is a common problem with some remaps it makes them over-fuel.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have to over-fuel them otherwise you can make that power on a lean mixture without damaging the engine.

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Didn't know that just thought it was a cocked up remap caused over-fuelling.