Suspension, Steering and Brakes Anti-roll bar bush replacement

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by bijomaru, Friday 26th Jul, 2013.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    MOT tomorrow so I thought I'll replace both bushes as they had some play. Then one bolt snapped ... I hope local dealer has these bolts and we'll manage to get out the rest of the threaded bolt in time :Messed:

image.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 27th Jul, 2013
  2. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Did the same thing on the rear bush on my car. Captured nut local garage got it out easy just knocked or rather chiseled the nut off and put a nut and bolt in. Prob would have drilled it out and re threaded but this took all of 5 mins to do and they just welded the new nut where the old one was.

Last edited: Friday 26th Jul, 2013
  3. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Just bought the tool to screw into a drilled bolt and then screw it out. Should be a nice and easy job now. Tool £12 at Halfords. Local garage quoted £45 for drilling it out and 'then doing something about thread'. They didn't sound very convinced it'd work so took it away.

MOT also failed on front upper ball joint play. Looked up part around £20 on eBay but will call Honda on Monday as well. Just need to figure out what tool do I need for that job.

4. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Job done. Took about half an hour to drill it out. Waiting for new screws from Honda.

image.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 28th Jul, 2013