Service & Maintenance anti roll bar bushes

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by becboo, Wednesday 30th Mar, 2016.

1. becboo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rebecca Warrington
    Hi all! My garage gave my car the once over for me and said it was all good, just one thing is one of the anti roll bar bushes is a bit worn. Obviously I am going to have it sorted, I just wondered what the best bushes out there are, should I just let my garage fit whatever or is it worth getting some performance ones??? It's a 7th Generation diesel.

Thanks in advance xxxx

Bec xxxx
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh and thanks for your advise on fuel filter, I now have had a genuine one fitted along with genuine filters and sexy honda oil and it is running lime a dream!

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    These Meyle HD ones are suppose to be good (OEM I believe) quality.

That particular ebay listing is a full set of droplinks and bushes but I'm sure the same seller would do just the bushes on their own.

Last edited: Wednesday 30th Mar, 2016
    becboo likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Front or rear bushes? If rear, then tourers might have different types to saloons. I know from experience that a rear one being worn on a tourer is hardly anything to worry about... I been listening to mine clonk on rough roads for years!

I would avoid 'performance' bushes, as the ride and noise levels can suffer. I can definitely recommend that eBay seller suggested above by SpeedyGee.

Last edited: Wednesday 30th Mar, 2016
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes the rear bushes are different between the tourers and saloons.

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

They are different as I had them done on mine, not a big job at all. I am pretty sure my local garage fitted after market ones but I know it was an easy job, I just couldn't be bothered at the time to do it myself. If I remember I paid £50 for them to be fitted including the parts. So basically an hours labour but I don't think it took anywhere near an hour to do. LOL

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sometime its not worth dirtying your hands or if you have CBA mode on.

7. becboo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rebecca Warrington
    It's the rear bushes. Spent ages looking at the poly ones online but have plumped for a pair of original honda ones from coxs!

8. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    If the front bushings are gone in a diesel, now I will not do the job myself as I do not have a lift, but does the subframe have to drop because of the mounting bolts for the bushings. It looks like a big job for a 10 er mounting.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'd imagine so as the bolts are on the top.