Legend/4th Gen Any news on the new European Legend (Acura RLX)?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Amused, Wednesday 29th May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will Europe be getting a new Honda Legend? Now that the Acura RLX has been launched in the US, perhaps we will see it rebadged as a Legend over here...

2. Dimitar Dinchev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Sofia
    No, it has been officially stopped for Europe due to poor sales. Which is well explained by Honda's very poor European marketing and lack of powerful diesel engine.

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Too bad, the RLX is one great looking machine, inside and out, and packed with technology... Would be a great alternative to BMW 5 series (for people who drive this class, not me) :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would like to see it but diesel is king in Europe, so will be surprised if it ever came.

5. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, but the new Earth Dreams 3.5 DI i-VTEC with Variable Cylinder Management is the kind of V6 petrols :Smile:

6. Dimitar Dinchev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Sofia
    I'm considering to get me a Legend as well. Exactly as you say - it is great alternative to Audi A6/BMW 5 but still, this class is dominated by diesels in Europe it had very, very poor sales. The problem was that not only there is no diesel, there are no other options as well - you get a single V6 engine, without alternative, with single equipment level, with quite serious price. And now combine this with the lack of marketing. I'm quite disappointed with Honda that they don't care enough for Europe :Frown:

7. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hondas current line up is crap. There are no exciting models anymore.

Rydo likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You seen Toyota lately apart from the GT86 with a Subaru designed engine :lol:what have they got ..Jack

9. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't dispute it, but they DO have the toyoburu. Honda have nothing at the moment.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CR-V 1.6 Diesel to be released soon
    Civic Tourer out in 2014
    Civic Type out in 2014
    4th Generation Jazz out in 2014
    2nd Generation NSX on its way
    Rumours of Type-S Tourer :lol:
    Accord 9th Generation open ended..

The pipe line of cars is there it a case of waiting and not reflecting on the current line up.

11. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So other than the NSX, which one of those other cars would you call "sporty"

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard new Civic Type-R is coming in 2014.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What do you class the Type-R ..Civic which apprently has been set the target to set fastest lap time for a FWD car at the ring.

The rest will be made sport with a few go fast stripes stickers and badges ..:Rolf:

14. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    You forget the new mini CR-V in the pipeline. I've heard rumours.