Off-Topic Any sports bettors here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Friday 28th Mar, 2014.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just wondering to be honest. Personally I usually gamble around £200 a month but I haven't deposited money into my account since the end of last year (apart from 24hr deposits met with same/more withdrawal amount). What I really enjoy about it (apart from the winnings) is the way that it makes any game interesting and can make time fly past when you're bored. For example I've spent countless hours watching football in the Arab leagues where the pitch is like a rugby field yet the players still do some good stuff.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I like a flutter now and again on MotoGP and the other two classes. Last race I evened out betting with the Brits as favourite but with backups on the usual suspects :Niceone:

3. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Used to bet a bit on football, mainly Champions League. but not done it in years.

Found this a good site for stats http://www.soccerstats.com/

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've never bet on any sort of racing come to think of it, I prefer more conventional sports like Tennis, Cricket, Football and Horses of course. That said I'll put a bet on blindly next time and see what happens.

Yeah I use this and flashscores if it's an inplay bet. Champions league matches are usually very predictable and definitely the ones you want to lump a whole lot of cash on the favourites until the finals.

5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Used to bet a bit on football, usually result with first goalscorer or halftime-fulltime, now I just do soccer 6 every Saturday, it's free to enter with 250000 jackpot.

6. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Yeah I used to bet £30-£50 on one or two matches, odds on.

Now you might only be getting £20 return, but that's £20 after 90mins for a couple of button clicks. I used to consider trying to earn £20 from stocks/shares/savings - how much money would I need to invest and for how long. That's basically how I played it, obviously willing to lose an affordable stake which you wouldn't lose in a cash saving scheme - part of the game I played.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The only thing I've bet on is the grand national and dog racing but I haven't bet on anything in several years now. That's assuming you don't count the lottery as gambling.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed - that said every day I bet on sprint exchange markets on IG - for example you simply put you put a bet of min £20 on over at the current exchange rate to the USD/EUR etc and if it ends up being over after 60 seconds you get £16 back on top of the £20 being returned. I've been averaging around £20 profit daily but I always limit myself to max 5 guesses a day/£40 loss.

Thanks for the heads up on Soccer 6, looks decent.

9. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    It's called super 6, I couldn't edit my post on my phone for some reason, it's done by sky sports I haven't got anywhere close yet.

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh yeah, Soccer 6 still comes up at the top on google anyway. Given it a go, free money and no outlay.