General Anyone else looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampyjason, Thursday 1st Sep, 2016.

1. swampyjason Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been looking into it for a while now and it does look to be a great game so far! As of 1st September 2016, they haven't yet confirmed the Line Up for Honda but either way, I'm dead excited (y) Don't think it'll be released till 2017 now though.

Attached Files:

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    wow.. I am too out of touch with consoles .. didn't even know it was coming
    Tbh after playing GT5 I gave up and switched to Forza 4/Horizon/Horzion 2 as I simply couldn't go past the bouncy crashes, missing interiors and unoriginal sound.. Need to see what the Sport is offering as I am yet to upgrade to the new gen consoles.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Sorry to sound miserable but I find racing games dull these days, well most games tbh, perhaps a sign of getting old, but going round and round over again gets tedious...

The proper racings sims are on the PC anyway and much cheaper too than console gaming.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Still have a lot of respect for GT series, this still gives me goosebumps, the Japanese know how to add emotion into games :Smile: and their game music is the best.

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The last time I played anything other than FIFA it was Outrun in an arcade on Rhyl seafront.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hope it's better than the last GT which was poor, they need new tracks.

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I think you have gotten it the wrong way round. Console gaming is so much cheaper than PCs and I know of no game on PC that has as realistic physics as GT.

PCs you keep chucking £1000s at the get the results, spend £200 on a console and £25 on a disc and you sorted.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Have you tried Forza Horizon? Open world racing with realistic cars and physics borrowed from Forza motorsports yet no track or crash penalty... Much casual racing

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Consoles are cheaper to buy than a PC, but you can build a medium spec gaming PC for around £500, which will spec wise and function wise is better than a console and gives better value. On top of that games are so much cheaper than on a console, on average your paying £30 for latest titles be it off steam or legit cd key sites. Console games on average are £50. My PC is 3-4 years old now, cost me £450 to build, and it can handle most games at high 1080p, I did have to upgrade my graphics card to play GTA 5 on high, but that cost me only £100 and will be good for another 3 years.

Then onto the games, GT and Forza are mass market arcade games, they are compromised, PC has all the top sims, top sim hardware (steering wheels, those driving pod things etc) and more importantly dedicated sim community. I used to race on GTR: Evolution, that was so much fun racing in the WTCC series online.

The top sim games on PC are:

iRacing - this is as hardcore sim as you can get.
    rFactor - this has the best mod community
    Live4Speed - has the best tyre model in any game

The more accessible ones are:

Asseto Corsa
    Project Cars
    GTR series

GT and Forza are all about the glizt and glamour, like FIFA you get all the licensed stuff, they are better for the masses as they are playable, but if you into realism than the PC has the games and the community scene.

PS: Not tried Forza horizon, I don't have console and don't play games much anymore apart from my favorite one.

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I kind of stopped reading at this point :Smile:
    Forza is arcarde-ish but GT? I hope you know about GT academy?

iRacing I have heard and seen loads about but for me the ease with which consoles play these games puts any PC to shame.

But PC, buy a decent Graphics card,buy Windows, buy game, keep it updated or just buy a £200 console and put the disc in and get playing. I paid £4.75 for Forza 4 with Launch DLC pack a few months after it came out and paid £149 for brand new Xbox 360 250GB when 4/8GB was £140.

The fact is having a quick session on console is so much easier than dealing with PC. Which means I sold my PC 2 years ago due to storage reasons and still have my console 4 years later and still play Horizon 2 every now and then.

Now back to reading your comment :Wink:

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Lol, I'm not mocking these games in anyway, I have big respect for the two, mainly GT, but what you described is exactly why they are not simulators and are arcadeish games, maybe not quite arcadey like your NFS games, but they are aimed at the mass market and made to be easily playable. If you try some of the games I mentioned (or ask any racing sim game aficionados), Rfactor is free in its basic mode, GTR series cost a few pounds on Steam sales, you will understand why games like Forza & GT are not simulators, you'll rip your hair out in frustration playing games like rFactor or iRacing, they are hard to play, you can't do things like drive fast into a corner then late brake and drift round a corner. It's kinda like saying call of duty is an army simulator when its not.

I agree it's easier to pick up the console and just play, more simple & less hassle, but I personally prefer PC and Steam though.

Anyway will agree to disagree. :Smile:

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yeah not trying to convince just saying what suits current scenario and from what I have seen, experienced and heard GT is one of the best simulators out there. So much so the GT academy winners ended up being professional racers.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No racing games will ever top Deathrace 2000 or Trans Am on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum...

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thats because the GT Academy graduates are taught by instructors and receive many other training, some have karting backgrounds too, none of them became drivers purely based on playing GT. You can learn a fair amount playing racing games, I learnt about taking proper lines when cornering and what lift over steer through playing games, and some of those things are transferable when you drive in real life, but you still need proper training to go out in a real car and race. They have a proper simulator in the program where they learn too, the GT game just adds to the competition to make it competitive and whole thing initially was a marketing ploy too. They have a booth in o2 arena where you can try it out.

13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I lost thousands of hours playing Grand Prix 3, never came across a game like it since.

SpeedyGee likes this.