Off-Topic Anyone goint to see the BTCC this year ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ROVER-25X, Saturday 16th Feb, 2013.

1. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    Hi Folks !

Are any of you planning of going to see any of this years stages of the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) ?

I went to Oulton Park last year, what a fantastic day out, best £20 I have ever spent, agreed you see more on
    the TV but to be there watching them is somthing else, not only do you see the 3 BTCC stages but you get all
    the other track action like the Porsche, Ginnetta and Clio stages too, I was there for 7 hours and I can't wait to
    do the same again this year.

I myself am supporting the 888 MG6 Racing Team who were almost 2nd place in 2012 but missed out on the, well
    you probably guessed it, Honda team lol. :lol:

CHARLZY

2. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    I'll go probably if I won't be at work, I was at Oulton Park few times, really nice place to spend all day :Wink:

3. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    Aye it is that, I realy didn't know what to expect when I got there the first time but I was amazed at its sheer size, the profesionalism of the staff and how nice the facilites were, the food in 'The Pit Stop' resturant was a bit pricey but it was VERY nice, fantastic place, I recomend it.

On another note, on public track days and drifting days its free to enter. :Thumbup:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Haven't been to a BTCC event, may try and go this year.

5. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    Its well worth it mate even if your not into cars, great family day out too, weather was cracking the flags last year at Oulton. :Wink:

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Went to Rockingham twice and it was raining all day but still good day out.
    Might go this year again.

7. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
  8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'll be watching on ITV4, would love to go to the track, but don't really have time.

BTCC is so accessible, cars you can recognize and close, exciting racing.

Good luck to Honda Racing this year!

I've got the Honda racing BTCC t shirt for Xmas.

9. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    I don't like the new Team MG shirt, I liked last seasons better.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Team MG !!!? You want to be supporting Team Yuasa Honda Racing !! :Wink:

:Smile:

11. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    I like an underdog lol.

12. Tadpaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We went last year also, the wife was jumping all over the shop as the cars climbed Clay Hill and the exhausts kept popping.
    A cracking day out, and has been said before loads of races and different cars.
    The highlight was the Spanish kid ( I think, foreign anyway, sorry !!) in the under 16's, stood by his support team during one race and they were going mental.

ROVER-25X likes this.
  13. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    ebay BMW were naff that day, Onslow-Cole especialy, spun off twice if memory serves.

14. ROVER-25X Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N/A
    So who is going to see the Race tommorow and who is watching on ITV4 ? :Wink:

I'm recording it as i'm on nights, plus I fast forward all the waffle.

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's well reminded ! I'll be watching it on ITV ... if I remember !

16. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'll watch it on tv :Smile:. Went to Snetterton on a lads weekend the year before last and I must say it was very good value for money ! There is nothing like waking up to the sound of revving engines !! It's nice to see some new cars on the grid this year but you can't beat the good old day's when the car manufacturers backed the championship BTCC was at it's best with volvo with its 850 estate, Renault with the laguna, nissan with the primera, vauxhall with the vectra and of course HONDA with the ACCORD !!!!! :Smile:

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Was that only two years ago ?? Thought it was longer than that when the Accords were last running in the BTCC.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh sorry, I think I misread what you were saying. With it now LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what time the second and third races are ?

18. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I missed the third race. Hopefully the series record function on the Sky box has worked and I'll be able to watch it in full this evening.

20. Baz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hoping to attend the Snetterton rounds....And possibly Brands Hatch late in the season....I'm rooting for a Honda win obviously, but for me, it's gotta be Andy Jordan! :Smile: