Suspension, Steering and Brakes Anyone got this spare or lying around please?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by k20a3, Tuesday 15th Sep, 2015.

1. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks.

Haven't had a chance to add my accord to the garage yet but its a 2001 2.0 VTEC se exec 5sp manual. I am trying to find a return spring which fits to the rear caliper. It returns the handbrake pivot to its correct position on release. Looking at lings honda sheets you can only get it as part of the whole thing!

rear caliper.

Its the 4th part in from the numbers 7/8

Anyone have one of these on an old caliper they could sell me please?

Many Thanks

Joe

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I will give them a try now....

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Your best bet will be scrap car or something, although every scrap yard i have been to they never ever sell a particular part that is part of a bigger thing, which is annoying.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as above, though if you take it off the car first without them seeing and tell them its "just a spring part off an Accord" it will probably be buttons. Though when I've been to the scrappers I paid about £15 for a complete and working caliper for the rear of mine and £20 for the front one. (had to replace two as one was completely siezed and the other the bolts had corroded and siezed up.

6. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks everyone. I managed to get one of a breaker on ebay for a fiver. Its on the way to me now. Can't believe Honda do not sell this as an individual part, especially as it clips on to the caliper and isn't really part of it. Anyway all will be well soon.

Joe

exec likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    ^ good way of them to make money innit :whip:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Think about how many teeni tiny parts makes up a car. If Honda were to stock and sell each little bit individually it would cost the earth. It's not ludicrous that they don't stock such things, it's just plain practicality.