Pre-Facelift Model Anyone have one?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Paul, Sunday 18th Dec, 2011.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My wife is due to change her car in the new year. She currently has a Mini Cooper S but with two kids and the need to get a stroller in the boot our needs have changed. I really like the CR-V and so does my wife but has anyone lived with one and what are they like? For the last couple of years she's averaged 3500 miles per year so thinking of possibly a petrol.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The CR-V Petrol are really cool , really handy in the snow they do have they little quirks but nothing to worry about.I can see a thread coming up on the CR-V common things to look out for.

The second gen CR-V have the K series engine the 3rd Generation engine has the R series which is better for acceleration and fuel economy.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What year were the 3rd Generation from?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    September 2008 onwards bud

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well i'll try and sway her in that direction. She's also interested in a Seat Leon FR with the BTCC body kit on it. With the mileage she does she'd be better with petrol. She'll no doubt end up getting something completely different!

6. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My bruv has had the 2 litre petrol on a 54 plate CR-V since new and it has been bullet proof. They are going to run it into the ground despite owning a brand new MX5, Brand new transporter van and a classic sunbeam Alpine.

The only thing he has ever moaned about has been the Sat Nav - and we all now about Honda Sat Nav:Wink:

7. Hondas800 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had petrol and diesel CR-V's, petrols are a little thirsty but over 3.5k your better with the petrol. 2010 models came with the upgraded suspension to stop the pulling to the left which makes your arm drop off!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    2010 car will be expensive at the moment but have you guys tried the all new Honda Used car site, they have improved it a million times.

You get decent pictures now and more options to select narrowing your car selection. Honda used cars link

9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the latest this week is that she's gone off the idea of a 4x4 and now thinking of a Focus ST or a Subaru! Not much difference! This coul be a long long hunt!