Optional Extras Anyone have the Honda Towbar fitted ?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by karlak, Tuesday 22nd Sep, 2015.

1. karlak Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All being well we are picking up the CR-V tomorrow. Couple of things I wondered...

It has the Honda fit Towbar fitted and I just wanted to check it was all present before we leave. Obviously, it will have the removable towball, but should it also come with a bag for it to be stored away in ? I assume it just gets put away next to the spare wheel when not in use.
    Also, I think I saw a video somewhere of the towball being fitted and removed, did it show that it has a "blanking plug" that gets put in place of the towball to stop muck going up into the socket.
  2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes there should be a bag with it, similar to the one for the wheel wrench.

The blanking cap that comes with the towbar is really flimsy and normally breaks after the first time you use it. It doesn't offer much protection, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  3. karlak Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the information. :Smile:
  4. garf8v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have one on my FR-V. There should be an instruction sheet and make sure there are at least 2 keys, there were also a pair of gloves. I would expect the dealer can order a spare before you go, cos he will have all the numbers available.
  5. karlak Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks all.

Everything is present and correct :Smile: . Looks like it has hardly been used.