Civic Anyone know where to buy a grill? THREAD CLOSED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pastore, Friday 21st Aug, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pastore London
    I'm looking for one, nothing wrong with the one i got but i want a custom white or black one, I've been looking on ebay but there all for r-types and stuff.

wondering if anyone knew any websites or shops even that sold them?

cheers

2. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    exec likes this.
  3. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    You could always modify yours? or try getting a Type-S grille from ebay or scrap car.

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    You could always get some Plastidip and spray your existing grille. If you don't like it, simply peel it off.

I can't see the front of your car, but if yours is a face lift, then the Type-S grille should fit (as far as I know, but I'm in no way an expert), and may even look good sprayed white (or maybe matt black) with Plastidip.

If you need help removing the grille, I have a guide here you can follow (and you're more than welcome to ask for advice)
    - - - Updated - - -
    I think this should fit - Tuning FK Automotive | ABS Sport Grill for Honda Civic 3-/5-door. Yr. 04-05 | purchase online

in fact, that looks quite similar to the Type-S grille, but without the center badge.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've just gone and ordered one of those, to see how my car looks 'debadged' :Smile:

Scrap that - I just zoomed in on their pictures and they are badly made. You can see where they joined / cut the grille from the moulding

Last edited: Friday 21st Aug, 2015
    exec and pastore like this.
  6. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

good find, good price too, if i can't find any others i might buy it tonight!

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That is a really good price, but it looks like it needs finishing and painting.

There website is awful though.

RogerH69 likes this.
  8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Actually.... this could be a nice little project to try some Plastidipping on.... I'll sand down the plastic joins and then apray it in matt black.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Cancel that.... £10 delivery? What a joke :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    @pastore - you could try this one, as I think it will fit (I entered my reg details, and that was listed as compatible). More expensive than previous one linked, but will almost definitely be better quality, and it has place for you to stick a badge if you want.

9. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

might aswell stick with own one and just try and debadge it, lol

10. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

that one is worse mate, cuz not only is it silver but also has the badge place thing in the middle

11. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I find Cox motors good for parts. Honda dealer but sensible prices on most bits.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@1066Boy this thread really needs to be closed. @pastore was banned a while ago.

As for Cox, they are a decent supplier. However, Holdcroft Honda offer free next day delivery and Club Discount. They are also a first class dealership and as such, are our preferred dealer.
    Have a look through the FAQ's for more details.

Thread now closed.

Harvey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.