General Anyone up watching the F1 GP ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpeedyGee, Sunday 16th Mar, 2014.

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm up watching the F1. Things started to settle after a frenetic start but not impressed with how the cars now sound.

Bottas has just clipped the wall and bust his tyre, thought he was pushing a little too hard, here comes the safety car.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not seen it but very happy that idiot Hamilton is out.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Quite entertaining all round - nice to see some real unpredictability following the past couple of seasons. Agree about the engine sound, though sure I'll get used to it!

I had a hunch about Williams this year having seen some testing reports, so went with a full Williams for one of my "Fantasy F1" teams. Hopefully they will be able to challenge McLaren & Mercedes this year, be nice to see them back at the right end of the grid.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Williams have Mercedes engines now (the same as McLaren and Mercedes) which is why they started the season well as all teams running the same engine have. Williams have had quite a few internal changes recently to try and turn things round. They seem to be working which is good, it would be a shame to see the Williams name disappear.

I bet Ricciardo will have his points reinstated on appeal.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    These new engine can stay in gears for longer due to increase in torque, infact saw a few them short shifting when the kers kick in .. Very very impressive driveability ! The sound like rattle cans but can they shift..:Bye:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Gutted for Lewis ,hope eyebrow man can go us a favour next time and keel over ..lol :Rolf:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just watched a onboard lap with Nico he shorts shifted 5,6 and 7 gear to top gear to get on full throttle .. LOL that is scary power.

These cars will be handy in the wet , bring on a few wet races that will be entertaining.

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Some of them are interesting in the dry, they haven't had the time to develop a smooth power delivery.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda will have that answer they have cracked that puzzle in Motogp successfully this year and March 23rd we will see the two repsol bikes delivery that objective of smooth controllable power in downshifting and through the gears. It's all electronics and Honda have been very successful with the seamless gearbox , make no mistake this technology and know how will be there for Mclaren to harness.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Are you talking about traction control ? I could be wrong as I've not really been followed F1 for a long while but isn't that disallowed ?

Just been reading these two articles, Aussies organiser not happy with F1 atmosphere and Ricciardo disqualified

I did wonder about the live spectator experience with these new engines.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been an ardent F1 follower for years I was listening to qualifying on 5 live on Saturday morning and they went to Nico Rosberg's radio to the pits and I was like where's the whine gone ?? But the good thing is that not one team look like outright favourites and neither do the drivers. Just look at the Podium. I do think Magnussen will be there or there abouts come Abu Dhabi.as long as Jenson is not too far behind him.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

What a fantastic Grand Prix that was this afternoon! Well worth watching.

Excellent to see both Alonso and Button in the points too.

:gohonda:

Duc de Pommfrit, Nels and ACC-CDI-2T like this.
  13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Yes a very good race, overtaking/crashes. Sometimes the safety car helps transform a race.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For a very long time a superb race and gods were looking over Honda.