Body, Paint & Styling Anyone using the rubber boot tray?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Tuesday 21st May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am thinking of getting the OEM boot tray for my saloon... Is it any good? Does it keep things in the boot planted or do they slide when in motion? Quality?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I only bought mine last week or so and did not have anything in the boot yet so can't comment on things sliding but can say that is a really good quality tray and it fits perfectly.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I can't comment on the Accord one, but doubt it will be any different - I bought one for my new CR-V and think its well worth having.

They fit the boot perfectly so they won't move at all. As for quality, its 101% nice thick rubber and will last a lifetime. Well worth buying if you ask me.

4. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great, thanks guys! It looks very good on pics and there are some not-so-good-looking but cheap Chinese alternatives on ebay, but looks like I'll be getting the real stuff...

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here is mine
    IMAG0666.

John Dickson likes this.
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

OEM dude - don't buy replica's - you will be glad you bought original.

7. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks great! Are you using the cargo net as well?

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I also have the original one in my Accord 4d. Since November last year. Things do slide on it, but no different I believe compared to no tray.
    Love it as it's piece of cake to keep the trunk clean and it ain't dramatic anylonger if a bottle of beer crashes... as I had with my Civic when cornering a bit to hard.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not at the moment but it is on my shopping list.

10. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I believe Holdcroft Honda has a good deal on them, but I am restricted from contacting them (the joke goes to TheDarkKnight, no need to reply) :Happy:

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're not restricted from contacting them at all. You just can't use another member to act/represent on your behalf, thats all.

Speaking of the cargo net, that is also on my shopping list - so to speak!

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know, it was a joke :Smile:

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know, don't worry :Thumbup:

14. lhazelden Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My saloon came with one of these, and it seems to be pretty good quality. It is a little slippery, but it has holes for the lashing eyes so you can secure stuff if you need to.

15. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I bought an after market one for my last 8th Generation Saloon and it was a good fit and protected the boot carpet well, but my latest 8th Generation came with an OEM one included. So if anybody wants a perfectly acceptable, good condition, after market boot protector for an 8th Generation saloon they can have it for free, only catch is they would have to collect from Epsom Surrey.

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Definitely worth having. My boot is usually full of dirty work boots and a holdall full of overalls, high viz clothing etc. plus occasionally battered and dirty instrument cases so the OEM boot tray does have a hard life! It's quite scratched but looks better after a clean which is easy I just hose it down and let it dry before putting it back in the boot.

The fact it is a bit battered proves it's doing it's job superbly. Imagine the state of my boot carpet if I didn't have the tray!

17. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My tourer didn't come with a cargo net, i'd assumed the last owner had kept or broken it - doesn't the car come with the boot floor cargo net from new?

I'd be very interested in getting one as well, does anyone know roughly what sort of price they are? (i'm assuming there is only one type for the Tourer)

The floor mats and rubber boot liner have arrive from HH, so they'll be getting fitted ASAP.

Cheers, Mark.

18. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cargo nets are not standard. Its an accessory.

19. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is also some sort of an organiser... Like a box or something

20. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Found it in CJ's accessory thread:-

Cargo Net Part number 08L96-TL0-600
    Bulletins & Advisories - Saloon Genuine Accessories • Honda Karma

Pic of it here:
    Bulletins & Advisories - Saloon Genuine Accessories • Honda Karma

Another phone call to HH to check price i think.
    Cheers, Mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Think you're referring to the white box being held down by the cargo net - I think that's just a prop for the pic.
    Cheers, Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 1st Sep, 2014