Off-Topic Anyone watch TopGear

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 28th Jan, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I fell asleep and missed it anyone else feel asleep like me.:Blink:

going to watch it on iPlayer now.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stop watching it half way ,it not funny nor a car show wasted 30 minutes of my time.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love Top Gear,even went to a live show with my son but have to admit that is getting a bit repetitive and is not that funny as it used to be.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    got it recorded on tivo box. i don't realy look forward to watching it anymore, its got to focused on dicking about and lost the focus that it is afterall a car show. fith gear anyone?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kind of like fifth gear atleast its a car show ..apart from dipstick Jonny his monotone voice does my head in.

6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fifth gear is crap and only watched by..

I liked Clarkeys P45, and with some tweeks I could see it catching on.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    the P45 made it worse TBH ..pointless waste of time!! TG is running out of ideas so they are repeating the whole theme again and again

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think they've run out of our money (licence fee).
    It looks like its being run on a stupidly tight budget.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I stopped watching Top gear ages ago. They've definetly run out of ideas. And why does that Clarkson have to win at all the challenges :Angry:

10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I wish they'd just test a few more normal cars that we can all afford. They could still do that with comedy and larking about, but also give some genuine advice also.

For example last night the star in the reasonably priced car, the track was slushy and he was sliding around everywhere which was quite entertaining and came last. They could of whacked on a set of winter tyres and showed the difference, that you can drive at speed and brake without skidding.

Supercars get a bit boring after a while.

It is the 19th series, so the format is getting a bit staid now.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

TG may not be everyones cup of tea, but it sure as hell beats the pants off the joke that is "Fifth Gear".

FG is a waste of time/existence. Its below even a poor-mans TG. Its pathetic, lame and boring. Much rather slash my wrists and dial 999 for entertainment than watch that garbage. "Fifth Gear" my backside....:Rolf:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Normal service has been resumed TDK is firing on all cylinders, Just for your info guys TDK had been laid up in bed with a serious case of man flu it would seem a lazy quack has given him his medicine.

guys take his remarks at face value his bark is worse than his bite.. fire up the batmobile. :Rolf:

13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Given current NHS response times to 999 I advice caution and a possible re think on strategy :Smile:

FG is poor but not quite that bad.. Yet..

Ichiban likes this.
  14. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Love TG like 5th gear but must agree Sunday night was a bit lame for the first showing.
    What happened to going through all the new models released from when they were last on air, surely more interesting than some supercar we will never see or a joke car involved in a plug for dragons den. Come on top gear if you want to be on Dave next year you will have to do better than that

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If they show all the best stuff on TG in the first episode, no one will bother to watch the rest of the shows.

They have to pique people's interest first rather than play all their cards in one go.

@PrimaryCare - to be fair, 999 response times were rather good when I last called them!