Feedback/Help AOCUK Mobile Applications Bugs

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Ichiban, Saturday 26th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Guys

I have been testing the Android app and have come across a error whilst accessing your message on the main menu.

You will be presented with the following message "The application XXXX (process com.vbulletin.build_nnnn) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Can I request members to report this by clicking the report button? The error logs are curial to find the root cause of this issue. I have already logged a support ticket for the same and it is being investigated.

Hopefully have this issue resolved soon.

2. I-S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    Replicated on both of my devices, error reports sent.

Asus TF101 running stock 3.2.1
    Motorola defy running cyanogen 7.1.1 (Android 2.3.7)

3. I-S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    Another issue..

Got a notification saying I have an incoming friend request. Tap on it and it takes me to friends screen, then says there is nothing here.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    version 4.1.9

There are API issues with the application VB will fix these issues once it released.once the server is patched with the latest patch the app will sort itself out.

5. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is there a refresh for the forum part of the App? I couldn't work out how to get it to display new posts, or rather check for new posts?

Looks very good though. can't wait to get arid of this temp Android handset with piss poor screen res :Grin:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dan this feature may be part of future updates. It is in development as soon as it released it will be deployed. As for now it clicking the back or coming back to the pervious menu.:Frown:

7. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fair enough mate...although pressing back results in the request to log out :Frown:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It simpler than that chap at the bottom right click on the Newest tab , select newest that should refresh it.

Alternatively hit the all icon and select all again that should also refresh the posts.

9. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

10. I-S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    There's another issue...

At the bottom of the screen there is a graduated shadow that obscures the bottom part of the last post in a thread. Can this be taken off?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    graduated shadow

That shadow is a reminder it isn't the end of the tabular listing of threads. If you scroll right to the bottom the shadow is gone. It visual aide to remind users the list continues.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just an update on these bugs a new version of VB is out it will applied after some testing on the development site before it goes live.

there have been some modification to the mobile suite which will be handy for our apps.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob both apps have their niggles especially the pictures which have been uploaded to the forum and attached as thumbnails, if the pictures have been embedded via the IMG method they display ok.

Vbulletin
    have released the latest version 4.1.9 which has fixed a few of the issues but majority of the bugs are to be fixed in 4.1.10 release so please bear with me as soon as I have tested and applied 4.1.9 to the live server we will know the affect.

I hope to test this really soon.