Announcement AOCUK Tax Disc holders

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by Ichiban, Monday 4th Feb, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been working on a tax disc holder for our members for sometime after reviewing loads of options, designs,samples,artwork redesigns, countless emails ,phone calls and adjustments we have finally got the design into print today.:Happy:

About the Tax disc holder

The magnetic tax disc holder is made by Magoo, who I personally think are the market leaders in this niche market. They will be professionally printed and designed to the very high standards, magoo and us share the same philosophy of products based on quality rather than profit. Magoo tax disc holders are manufactured in the UK using premium grade magnetic materials to keep your tax disc secure.

How does it work?

The magnetic tax disc holder consists of a flexible self adhesive magnetic ring which sticks to the inside of the windscreen and a magnetic cover plate which holds your tax disc in position.

The design and art work.

The art is all inside facing which leaves the outside sticker still to promote the club.
    ​I personally didn't want OTT design or graby shouty type of disc holder, we are not that sort of people.Simple effective classy and minimalistic with good eye for design that is AOC

AOCUK Magnetic Tax Disc.

The cost and delivery

Each tax disc will cost £5.00 which I think is very reasonable and postage will be extra per tax disc by signed for second class post. The profits are very marginal will be ploughed to buy the next lot of tax disc.

One Tax disc including postage and packing will cost you £6.64 two will cost you £11.64.

Payment
    Members can make gift payment via paypal. ForPaypal details and your address please drop me or any of the other mods a PM.

Special thanks to SpeedyGee who made me aware of magoo tax discs without his input this would not have been possible.:Hey:

About Magoo
    Personalise your car interior with a cool magnetic tax disc holder by magoo. Professionally printed and designed to the very highest standards, magoo aims to provide a product based on quality rather than profit. Magoo tax disc holders are manufactured in the UK using premium grade magnetic materials to keep your tax disc secure. Choose from over 300 unique designs!

magoo-tax-disc-holder-logo.

Pictures of the Tax Disc

P1010412.

P1010413.

P1010414.

P1010415.

P1010417.

P1010419.

High gloss finish and impeccable printing
    photo.

Fitting & Application Instructions

Fitting instructions are provided in each magoo magnetic tac disc holder but to make it clear for all.

Important:-
    Do not insert you tax disc until the holder is fixed to the screen

The windscreen must be perfectly dry and clean before fixing to ensure good adhesion. To achieve this it is strongly recommended that the inside of the windscreen is thoroughly cleaned with methylated spirit or similar based spirit-based cleaner. This will remove the layers of film which builds up over a period of time on the inside of the car windscreen
    Avoid fixing the holder in damp environment or conditions and preferably above 10 degree C. If necessary warm the interior of the car with the heater to dispel any moisture before fitting.

1) Keeping the magnetic face of the ring in position on the plain side of the cover plate carefully remove the self-adhesive backing paper.

2) Stick in position on the inside of the screen and with a soft dry cloth apply gentle pressure around the edge of the cover plate.

3) Once fixed,remove the cover plate by sliding it one side and with the same cloth apply firm pressure around the magnetic ring to ensure maximum adhesion. View the tax disc holder from outside of the car to make sure there are no air bubbles trapped. If any these can be removed by further gentle pressure on the magnetic ring.

4) Place your tax disc in the centre of the magnetic ring and place the cover plate.

To replace the tax disc it is not necessary to remove the cover completely, simply side it to one side.

The law on the placement of the tax disc.

Where to display your tax disc to avoid a fixed penalty notice

Mikem, Primarycare and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looking forward to getting some :GoodJob:

Ichiban likes this.
  3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Is this a UK-thing? Never heard of this before.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Put me down for one CJ!

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes bud we have to display the road tax VED in our front windscreen by law infact all road going vehicles have to display them in the UK.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sure buddy as soon as they land.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How did i miss this?
    Put me down for one definitely maybe two.Trying to persuade wife to buy me 1990 Accord.

Last edited: Friday 8th Feb, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep me to I will DEF have one :Thumbup:

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You know I`ve other things going on at the moment buddy but I`m in for TWO please I`ll even collect from you personally

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They should arrive tomorrow I hope then I will publish the thread to all and sundry.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys update the printing machine for magoo broke down half way through the run so they have sent me 30 tax discs today . Working in Manchester will pick them up on my way back and get some pictures up.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Nice one..