Off-Topic Apple's Siri coming to Honda

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Friday 15th Jun, 2012.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/11/siri-in-the-car/

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Brilliant can't see me moving away from apple. Honda get the best implementation of Siri into our cars that will influence a whole new generation.

3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I hope it works better than on the iPhone 4s in the uk.
    Mike c

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Problem with Siri if I remember correctly, is that it is still in beta and thus isn't always great. I think ios 6 is going solve a lot of the problems.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I use siri quite a lot and it work 95% of times perfectly you do have to speak slowly and clearly and it does work seamlessly.

6. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Have they sorted out not understanding requests for places/ services in the uk yet? The sales advertising was keen to show how easy it should work but failed to inform prospective buyers that they had not put in place the knowledge base for the uk. I tried it out several times when I first got my 4s but soon got fed up of being told that it could only locate services in USA if asked for in American English.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes that is still an issue that work in progress :Aghast: I use siri for texting , facetime request at the mo.

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I;ve never used SIRI yet and still on an aged 3GS. I'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out before upgrading now. Really can't wait! I need a decent camera and a flash.

9. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I've not used Siri yet but everyone I know who's tried it out, compliments it well. As you say, just gotta slow down the speech and it should work well enough.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did any watch the iOS 7 at the Worldwide Developers Conference there was more news the iOS was being adapted into a lot mainstream manufacturers.

Couple of screen shot from the keynote.

ios-car. ios-car-2.

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ios7 should massively improve Siri anyway. But including it in so many cars will really knock back that bug ridden android. :Wink:

Ichiban likes this.