Sold Appreciating Classic Prelude

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by dbrooks65, Friday 6th Feb, 2015.

1. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Oh man, I've watched a 4th Generation Prelude for ages. She looks stunning too, and low mileage.

I've got to behave though!

3. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Just got an insurance quote out of interest - only £206 fully comprehensive. Damn ittt!

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I want :Drool:

5. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    Had one of these for just over a year and loved it!

2.3 auto with 4 wheel steering - A bargain at £420 with a full service history (mostly Honda too) and only 80,000 miles at the time (about 2012) Lovely green/blue with standard/original everything (even the stereo)

The "digital" dash (not the normal painted-on numbers found in some) was a really special thing - Would have one as a second car in a heartbeat.

Traded it in as Part Ex for my 2008 Civic Type-R - since found out its been scrapped :-( what a waste...

I think I was paying about £300 insurance and getting about 22 MPG, all in all a bloody bargain.

From memory the only thing to worry about was rust around the rear arches, they were built well but had a design flaw that trapped water in between the inner and outer wing that led to inevitable rust.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never been a fan of the rear end of that Lude.. reminds me of this when the brake lights are one.
    Baboons.

But engine & handling spot on if you had the rare 4 wheel steering car it was a doodle to park a bit handful in the wets thou.

7. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Ichiban LOL, I actually quite liked the rear end.

Hers a few pics of my old girl for old times sake:

69dsc03718srj. 03dsc03709cj. 1finterioraftercleanj.

hedleyf and DeviateDefiant like this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Me too...

9. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice car, love the colour.

Nelf likes this.
  10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd hold out for a UK spec with a rear spoiler.

11. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I agree it looks better with a rear spoiler.

12. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I agree, a standard spoiler is a must in my opinion - completely transforms the rear of the car, I really don't understand why they didn't all have them as standard.

Also not sure why some had the printed dash instruments (like the one on the advert) and some had the EL dash (like mine) There is something cool about turning the car on at night when the completely black dash panel lights up from nowhere. The painted ones are visible at all times (like a normal car)

One thing i will say about the 4WS option is its great when it works, brilliant at tight parking but as it uses a spring system I found if you turn the key too quickly when starting the car, it wouldn't activate the system (highlighted by the "4ws" light staying on) - at this point the cars rear wheels are now not directly driven in relation to the fronts, but just held in line by a spring - I found this out when I hit a bump on the M1 at about 75mph and without moving the wheel I changed lanes instantly (and I mean instantly) Luckily nothing was around, but it was a odd moment that turned into quite a worrying one when I actually realised what had happened.

From then I had a certain starting procedure that meant it never happened again.

13. tpog60 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob Plymouth
    4th Generation was one of my first hondas, 2.2 VTEC, manual, had all the goodies on it, nice to drive. GLWS