Engine & Gearbox Approved Honda Bodyshops

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by zimowisko, Wednesday 8th Jan, 2014.

1. zimowisko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hapy new Year and hi everyone,
    I had an accident at the beginning of November, another driver decided not to stop on the red light and smashed into the N/S/R corner of my EX GT tourer. I went to a Honda approved bodyshop hoping to get it sorted fairly quickly and with genuine parts, initial estimate was new bumber, light and tailgate and I have been told the car is roadworthy, but about 10 miles after the accident I have started to smell exhaust fumes in the cabin ( more like not processed fumes from before DPF cat etc) and DPF light came on with exclamation mark without giving me a chance to regen. Had the car recovered as it was not road worthy due to faults developed at this point. After receiving messages about completion date delay weekly I am now almost two moths without the car, and the worst thing is that they still have not looked at the engine/DPF issue. I am well frustrated with this situation also found my car is due a free product update (windscreen trims as it states on Honda website) which I have told them about a month ago, I was suprised they do not check for updates as an approved Honda bodyshop anyway as every dealership does on every visit, anyway I know how the insurance companies engineers work and am pretty sure they will try to tell me that it has got nothing to do with the accident as vehicle was hit in the back.
    My question is does anyone know how to put it to them so they can't get out of the repairs? If this will be the case I might ask them for a letter that will say that all sensors/parts etc on the car are designed not to be damaged in the event of accident. In my opinion sudden hit in the body puts much more stress on components fitted to the car then that in normal driving conditions when all forces are dampened by tyres, shockers, bushes, springs, etc. The other thing is that I hope the battery on the car was on charge during the 2 months period and not left to drain out. Don`t you just hate when this all happens just cuse someone prefers to look at their mobile instead of the road :Frown:
    All comments/advise welcome! :Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will need to escalate this to the bodyshop and the dealership service managers so they can liaise with each other. if you don't get joy get to the dealer principle.

3. zimowisko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

in progress

Last edited: Saturday 18th Jan, 2014
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am sure I saw there was more than "In progress" from my thread alerts.. what happening on this?

5. zimowisko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes there was but i have decided not to put the name of the body shop online yet i have took the car back today told the new manager that is in charge since yesterday about all issues asked him what is his view and as a good will gesture i have told him to repaint my bonnet as i had few chips on it he agreed so i ll give them last chance its the 4th car they are doing for me and so far all has been great i ll update you when its finalised i am going to financial ombudsman with accident management company that was dealing with the claim on my behalf and i will be speaking to crewe honda manager about their poor diagnostic given on the issues with DPF and turbo charger fault