General Are you aware your Honda has Super Locking \Deadlocks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Monday 10th Feb, 2014.

?

Do you know how to use super locking functionality on you Honda ?

Poll closed Saturday 5th Nov, 2016.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Quick poll to gauge if you know if your car has it and how to operate it.?

2. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Only found out last year it had it lol, press the lock fob button twice on the 6th Generation.

3. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know since I brought mine, most cars have it lol

4. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Yeap - have had it on my last 2 Hondas

5. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I have a habit of hitting the lock button multiple times when walking away from a car, so i am happy to report I did know about it.

What I do want to know (and I cba reading the manual to find out) is how to lock the accord without alarming it when I have the dog with me. All is good when the hound stays in the boot, but should he venture into the back seats, which normally leads to keeping the driver seat warm the alarm sounds.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just for info for those who are shy to come out and ask what is deadlocks :Blushing:

A lot of Honda Owners are not aware that their cars are equipped with a Super Locking (deadlocks) function within the keyless entry/security system fitted to their cars as standard.This not widely published addition to the security system has been a standard feature on all new models for many years and provides an extra level of security by physically disconnecting the inner door handle mechanism from the actual locking mechanism. This disconnection of the locking mechanism then prevents the doors from being opened via the inner door handle, even if the window was to be smashed, and can help protect the vehicle and valuables from theft.

How to Activate Deadlocking?

Remote Locking Models
    To activate the Super Locking function simply press the locking button on the remote fob once then again within 5 seconds of the first press.

Keyless Access Models (2012 on Civic(9th Generation) and 2013 on CR-V (4th Generation)
    If using the remote fob then simply follow the above instructions. However if using the lock/unlock buttons on the front outer door handles or tailgate, then simply press that button twice as above.

Non Remote Locking Models
    Lock the vehicle using the key in the drivers barrel by turning it to the lock position as normal, release the key and then turn the key to the lock position once again with 5 seconds.

How to Deactivate Deadlocking ?
    Simply unlocking in the normal way either by pressing the unlock button on the remote, door handle etc, or by turning the key to the unlock position will deactivate the Super Locking function and operate all door locks as normal to the unlock position.

dinoc likes this.
  7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I use it all the time, that said it's not like Honda's are targeted by thieves anyway.

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I use it every time, always have done.

9. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey Pete, don't know if u figured it out yet or not, but the way to stop alarm going is make sure all doors are shut apart from drivers door, then push down the lock pin on the door then shut the drivers door. This will lock the whole car without setting the alarm, also means u can leave the windows open if needed. Just don't press anything on the key fob once u done this. Then u unlock it just the way you normally would. We had same trouble with ours going off due to dog until I decided to read the mannual. Took me long enough to do it though! Hope that helps mate. Cheers
    Paul

AndyB1976 likes this.
  10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I knew mine had it, as I read the manual when I got it for a change.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    RTFM isn't a male thing is it .. were you bored mate!

12. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Probably, but it's the best car handbook I've ever bothered to read.
    The amount of servicing info is incredible for a car manufacturer.

13. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it aint on my Prelude and that saves me any sleepless nights wheter or not I've locked it all I got is a remote alarm that would wake the dead if you move it and won't switch off till I hit the sodding remote as I have found out a couple of times :Thumbup:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    People don't nick cars in Japan mate as they do here.. so JDM cars not a real comparison .. if you live in the sticks of jockland no one is willing to argue with your double barrel placed at all four corners of the house are they?

15. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

its sitting outside in my driveway with a sign saying, go on try it if you feel lucky my wife is in the back seat :Happy:

Bo_ and Ichiban like this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The question which one will you trade in soon for a newer model?

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I knew mine had it :Icecream:

But I don't even use it, rather they just got in and not damage anything then force their way in and damage stuff. I think my car got broken into in the past as the top door frames are slightly bent with marks and dents were someone must have put a rod in and scratch marks next to the locks inside.:Foolish:

If anyone ever tries to break in then they will get a beating of a lifetime :telloff: so much that they will need phone their friends for help :SOS: then the drums of war will be sounded :Drums:and all the mofos will surrender to me :Whiteflag:and get down on their knees and beg for their lifes :king:

18. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    OCD kicks in, lock it at least 3 times then go back to the car after entering the shop to make sure I locked it!

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When my car was broken into (around ten years ago when it was my dads new car!), they just smashed the small rear window and opened the lock by reaching in. This was for the sake of a Pioneer radio, doubt it happens these days though unless you leave cash/laptops etc lying about.

20. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Yeh stereo thefts are now uncommon due to face off steroes or factory unique fitted stereos. I have the bose tape player in though but that isnt very desirable.

I still see broken into cars round my area, and one of the guys who walks past cars is so obvious, they look for phones and sat navs that people forget behind and smash and grab them.

Ichiban likes this.