Facelift Model Ariel on roof?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by FirstHonda, Thursday 30th May, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Saw a new 2.4 Exec saloon yesterday while in a traffic jam. Light metallic blue and a facelift 8th Generation 2.4, a rare beast indeed! Wasn't sure about the colour personally, but still.

I noticed it had a small "shark fin" type ariel, in body colour, on the centre rear of the roof just above the rear screen. Mine hasn't got that (just over a year old now), and wondered if anybody else had seen one?

It looked like standard fit, assume for the radio - any ideas?

2. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I assume universal fitted dummy aerial. Prob dnt do anything.

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Probably a painted dummy, but it looks good in combination with tailgate and roof wing spoilers, seen some Acura TSX's with that combo

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pretty much, it will be a dummy.

The 8th Generation Accord across the board still use integrated antenna within the rear glass in saloons and Tourer.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^That's what I thought, but it looked very standard. Thought maybe Honda had managed to sneak DAB onto the Accord without anybody knowing...!:Rolf:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That won't happen bud, HUK want the Accord dead let alone give it any sort of limelight, accessories and offers.

7. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hope they don't succeed, and hope Ito's words regarding the "very hard work on the new European Accord" are true.

8. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I think all Acuras TSX got those antennas as standard :Wink:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is right the saloon TSX gets the shark fin and the tourer get a stubby high gain antenna on the roof.