Found Armster 1 Armrest (OR correct Adaptor) - Honda Civic Hatch 01 - 05

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by RogerH69, Sunday 5th Apr, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I have done as much searching as I can and have only been able to find this on eBay, from a seller in Italy, at a price of approx £70. I really don;t want to pay that amount of money for the armrest, because then I may as well consider OEM.

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me find one of these babies, as they are supposed to be really good quality (for after market kit) and the adaptor base is custom made for the car its going in. I can get the armrest itself (its just called the Armster 1), but I cannot find the base adaptor anywhere, except as part of the full kit linked to above. I would be happy with the full Armster 1 armrest with correct base adaptor, OR just the adaptor, and am willing to pay (just not £70 :Smile: )

2. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Hi Roger,

I had completely forgotten you were looking for one of these. I have just posted mine on eBay but happy to keep it within HK :Smile: I'd even offer to meet up again and give you a hand fitting it if you wanted. I may also be able to help with the front windscreen part you needed in another thread as my Civic is pretty much being broken now. Do you have a photo of what you're after?

Nels likes this.
  3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi xav. It should be simple enough to install myself, so let me know how much you want for it, and I can meet you somewhere to collect it.

The image below shows the trim piece, outlined in red. It clips on the front on the windscreen. If you have the pre-facelift, then yours may not fit my car, as so far, both I have tried 9one from SpeedyGee and one from a breaker yard) both had different clips on them
    51559_IMG_20140904_161642.

4. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Roger, my Civic is the exact same model as yours, 2005 facelift so should be a straight fit. How easy are these to get off the car? Armrest is on eBay for 45 plus postage currently so I'd let you have it for £40 and throw in the above strip too (if I can get it off!)

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

@Zav13r - I just saw your posting on eBay :Smile:

I'll take them both then please :Smile:

The trim on the front (for my model) clips on by way of a clip on the trim piece going into another clip on the body of the car. You should be able to just pull itt off (pull it away from the windscreen, don't twist it off). It helps if you pull the top clip out first, and then try slide it up a little. Just have to be careful not to break the clips (I broke one of mine already).

PM me with where and when we could meet (I'm coming from Oxford, but happy to take a nice drive up North a bit).

6. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    No problem Roger. I should have some time later in the week when I'm back from London and I'll have a go at dismantling it for you! I've removed the listing from ebay too :Smile:

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Great thanks :Smile: Where is the Civic? I could drive up and help remove the parts, and have a peek at any other parts I may want :Smile:

8. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    Hi Roger, the car is at home in Worcester at the moment where it has been off the road for a while. I'm going to be spending time this week getting a few things sorted and packing up the armrest for you will be one of them. I would offer to drive the car down to meet you to have a look at other things but it is currently SORN.

9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Worcester isn't too far from me, so I'm more than happy to drive up there to collect the stuff. If you struggle to get the trim from the front windscreen off, I can do it when I come to collect. Let me know how much you want for the tailgate trim as well.

10. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks to @Zav13r , I now have the armrest I've been hunting ages for. On the way to collect it from xav, I decided to install it when I stopped at the services for some coffee. Took a whole 5 minutes to install, and it works great. Height is perfect, as is the position.

Armrest in the upright position. The dial allows you to adjust the height (it tilts the armrest a little)
    IMG_20150517_140701.

Armrest down
    IMG_20150517_140710. #
    And with top cushion extended.
    IMG_20150517_140717.

Please can a moderator mark this thread as found. Thanks

11. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Sorted mate - looks good too

RogerH69 likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham