General Ask me anything about my 6th Generation

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Chunkylover53, Wednesday 18th Jun, 2014.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you're considering purchasing a 6th Generation and have any questions, feel free to ask me here. No question is too simple, if you need measurements, whether certain parts are upgradeable etc then just ask below and hopefully I or the other knowledgeable members will be able to help.

I've got a 1.8 Hatchback but questions from all chassis are welcomed.

SpeedyGee, AndyB1976 and Nels like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thread made a sticky.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  3. hughezee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart Staffordshire
    ding ding, I would happily assist chuckylover53 in his quest for the eternal answer surrounding any 6th Generation Accord if needed:help:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok @Chunkylover53, where is the drain bolt and level fill bolt for the manual gearbox, what fluid does it take and how many litres?

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Okay @Harvey

Where is the drain/level fill bolt? Near the middle at the front (I'll update with more precision when I take another look at the car during daylight)
    What fluid? Honda MTF-3
    How much? 1.8ltrs for a fluid change or 1.9ltrs for a overhaul

Hope this helps

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers @Chunkylover53
    I've done, oil and filter and plugs on my car, air filter will be next, i was gonna run a short ram, but now looking at Pipercross panel filters. and then its gearbox oil change.

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Air filter takes 5 min max (easiest task by far). Pipercross panel filter for our cars cost £36 IIRC.

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know this made, had the airbox out a few times. Its the same price direct from Pipercross as it is on the internet in general, so direct it is. At the moment my first priority is get the car through its MOT, now the welding has been done, it should fly through, as well as having done all of the rear brakes.

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Saw the pic on the other thread - your car is in a lot better nick than mine. I'm sure you'll get through with no problems :Smile:

10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's in pretty good nick for its age really, I like to give it a full wash, polish and wax every few weeks to keep it looking its best. I got a carpet shampooer from work and valleted the interior (Beige cloth) and it came out really well, just stayed damp for a few days inside and it smelled damp for a few days as well untill it fully dried, but you wouldn't believe how much muck came out of the seats and carpets!

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ditto - I use autoglym interior shampoo and the amount of dirt that came out of the seats was horrendous.

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't like Human slime in my car at all. Though I cheated, cus I used the Karcher carpet cleaner from work (from the toolhire and got it for free) then used some Surf (essential oils)laundry detergent mixed with warm water, works a treat!

As for exterior cleaning
    good quality car shampoo and washed with wash mitt
    Auto Glym super resin polish
    then waxed with Meguires carnauba wax

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You need to add you car to the Club Garage @Harvey. They don't have to be showroom condition.
    In fact, sometimes it's better if they aren't. It's good to see how they get new life into them, and you are certainly doing a good job on yours.

Harvey likes this.
  14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I keep meaning to do that @Nels, just never got round to it, in fact gave her a wash today cus she was minging, but thats as far as it went, normaly its the full deal, but been down the scrappy today to get another caliper.

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No problem. I just think she would go well in there.

16. Zurichlad New Member Getting Started

Anthony London
    Hi
    i am new to this group, use to have an MG ZT, spent more money on the blinking thing than it cost to develop it
    Anyway I have a 1.8 sport 2002 model does anybody know where the hell you plug the OBD2 I have asked the Honda dealer and they have said
    under the dash Yes O.K but where under the dash I can't find it even with a Torch
    Any help gratefully received.

17. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You will find the obd2 port in the passenger footwell,under a bump in the carpet.

Chunkylover53 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  18. Zurichlad New Member Getting Started

Anthony London
    Thanks for that, and for the speed of your reply, I will give it a go tomorrow

19. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No worries mate.

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take pictures of this location and post it here so people can have a visual look too. please.