For Sale ASUS M4A79XTD Motherboard with Phenom II 955 BE

Discussion in 'Other Items' started by Heckler, Tuesday 8th Mar, 2016.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is anyone interested in some computer gear?

It's my old motherboard and CPU both in perfect working order, I upgraded last year and these have sat in the box on the shelf since then...

Motherboard is a decent one for the time ASUS M4A79XTD . AM3 (not AM3+) with capability for Crossfire graphics (2x Video cards), 32GB of ram, full surround sound, optical and analogue outputs, loads of USB ports, Gigabit Lan. Comes with the I/O Plate too. I was running this in crossfire mode with a couple of 5870's and it was only really in need of an upgrade because of games like GTA V and Just Cause 3 coming out... it would have run them, but not in the resolutions and speeds I wanted to.

CPU is the awesome Phenom II Quad Core 955 BE (Black Edition) and these CPU's could reach some ridiculous overclocked speeds under the right conditions. I never overclocked mine past 3.7ghz as I was only aircooling and I don't like messing around with CPU voltages. I know CPU's have moved on and gotten faster since then, but it's still a decent CPU for most things unless you want to play the latest and greatest games.

I was going to retask it and upgrade my mediaserver, but unfortunately I dropped my old one whilst cleaning it out and had to rebuild it 18 months ago... Before I upgraded my current games rig. So it would make for a brilliant mediaserver, capable of transcoding to multiple devices at the same time.

All you'd need to add is the appropriate memory and drives.

I could supply a stock cooler... But I'll be blunt, they're crap, noisy and useless for a quiet computer... which is what I build. So I would recommend a decent after market one like a Noctua, which is what I'm running my my mediaserver and it's whisper quiet. You can't hear it from across the room in complete silence.

2016-03-08 20.55.33.

Asking £30 inc P&P by courier or £25 collected.

Could be a very cheap way to upgrade an older computer, or perhaps build that media server on the cheap.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team