Aftermarket Kit At Last! tracked down an elusive part

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Sunday 24th Jul, 2016.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have been looking for this part for quite some time, in fact it is actually a kit supplied by Honda to customers who wanted to retrofit foglights to their cars after purchase, probably more often fitted by dealers as an option.

It started yesterday when I visited a local scrap yard to see what condition the car was in that I was told about earlier in the week and what parts I could harvest off it for mine.

I noticed it was a 1.8 litre SE with foglights, but later found it had the optional foglight package, so with much swearing a trip to Halfords and 2 days at it I stripped the wiring harness' out of the car, and since I already had the light units themselves didn't get them, though I could go back and get them, in case I break my existing ones?
    20160724_153155.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rocking horse poo rare

Harvey likes this.
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CJ, do you know if there are available the little metal pins that go inside the connector plugs? the ones that the wires go into, inside the plug as a separate part, or heck even the plugs themselves, as I don't want to butcher the pins if I can help it, when I fit them to my car

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've found who makes them its a company called JAE

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

great stuff, managed to get the pins out, now its a case of fitting them over a weekend when its not raining, even though a suspension creak has just crept up, which will need addressing.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get some silicone spray on the suspension bushes they have gone dry... you will enjoy the silence for a few months. Normally we are wet and damp that keeps everything lubed :Smile:

Harvey likes this.
  8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ I'll give that a try.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Drown them in it and see what happens , if they bushes are shot then save the spray. :Wink:

Harvey likes this.
  10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got plenty of the stuff, use it all over the place, however I have noticed the creak more when steering left or right, rather than going over bumps. Though that's getting off topic.

I can't wait to get these fitted now.

k20a3 and Ichiban like this.
  11. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice lights Harvey! They will look really smart.

Your creaking could be your top mounts/bearing gone dry....

Harvey likes this.
  12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are fitted now mate. I've also drowned my bushes and the top mount with silicone lube and it doesn't seem to have done anything, though it brings back memories of my old '96 astra, which the creaked for years even after replacing them.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Time to strip em down and replace where necessary mate.