Exhaust System ATR exhaust on sport saloon?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by avander.uk, Saturday 8th Jun, 2013.

1. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi was wondering will the exhaust from the ATR fit my 2002 sport because due to lack of funds its a second hand ATR zaust or a £125 Sportex back box the now if they're any gd lol. Oh and my hand brake light keeps coming on when I give it the beans any ideas?
    Thanks

2. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Andy, don't know about the exhaust sorry bud. The handbrake indicator switch is under the handbrake console.

How to remove console

tn_IMG_5705.

tn_IMG_5702.

tn_IMG_5701.

tn_IMG_5709.

Look for the black plunger switch, you can see here the top of it extended, so it will illuminate on the dash. The green wire/white plug is just the sensor feed, you could pull that off and that would stop the signal totally. Alternatively maybe some electrical cleaner or silicone spray might on the switch might help.

tn_IMG_5710.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 10th Jun, 2013
  3. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers andy al give that a go today see if it helps it only comes on now and again but only since I upped my profile on my tyres do u think thats whats done it?

4. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I wouldn't think so. The handbrake indicator seems to be only dependent of that plunger position. When I first got the car my indicator wouldn't light at all, so decided to investigate and found the white sensor plug was completely disconnected.

It's likely to be the switch or wiring I would presume.

5. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As much as us ATR owners hate to see 1.8`s rolling around with twin exit exhausts, high level spoilers and rocking the Type-R badges :Frown:

yes it will fit but not too sure on how much modification the flange will need at the CAT if any. :Wink:

6. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks simo have u got ur single exit yet? I might know a buyer for ur twin exit lol

- - - Updated - - -

And no ATR spoiler for me I like the sport 1 better (bit more subtle) and no Type-R badges took them off when I bought the car lol.
    Thinking of getting Accord Type-S decals made for the doors and boot

7. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No not yet as I have just been given my shopping list for MOT £££ :Frown:

8. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just back from semtech motors in Kirkintilloch and my cars booked in for Friday morning just getting a single side stainless with a square twin tail piece but the pipes are rather large so smaller silencer will be fitted (louder) all for £175 :Happy:
    The mechanic also said he'd do me a decat for £60 but that'll be another day just hope its not to noisy