General Audi "Lies" Over Car Crash Tests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDarkKnight, Wednesday 14th May, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its is four sprung duck technique after all, no I am not surprised either.. I hope they lose custom over this but I can't see that happening,

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I didn't see this on the TV.
    It should have been on the News to warn everyone.

Brand image and assumptions go a long way in public perception.
    The truth is often an airbrushed version of reality.

It is unlikely that all those dealerships would knowingly lie.
    They are more likely to have been misled or deceived by Audi UK.

This sort of thing will continue unless some heads roll, but that's unlikely.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    "Euro NCAP is not a regulatory body, we have no legislative powers. All we can do is speak to Audi at a high level and try to encourage them to make sure that the dealers are better informed and better trained."

It matters not, false representation and deception was being committed and NCAP could and should sue all the dealers involved who will in turn sue AUDI. Perhaps this would help increase exposure.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I would have thought this was at least a breach of Trading Standards for all those buyers duped by this lie ?
    Are you not also covered by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 ?

Audi drivers should be demanding a full refund and then use their money to buy a proper car . . .
    A Honda !

John Dickson likes this.
  6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Not surprising, the same way they lie about their reliability and build quality. tell a lie long enough and people will believe it, so people will still but them in the droves.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not surprising at all. Audis are crap and I hope the world wakes up to this fact.

8. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I think, the 2012 IIHS crash tests (in my opinion the better, cause much more realistic testing ...) clearly showed us, who is setting new standards in protecting people :Whistle::

Best rating: Acura TL

Failed: Audi A4

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just played them both at the same time - it's scary how the AUDI's dash collapses also!

Just off to check out me MPS! lol Although it will probably only have the regular 6 which doesn't have all the extra strengthening but will hopefully give some indication. I think my car is heavier than the CR-V :Aghast:

10. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Saw this on watchdog.
    Not surprized in the slightest.
    These German manufacturers try everything in order to build their reputation and they usually get away with it
    AUDI is just a glorified VW
    The build quality is pretty poor but the badge states class and that is all people see

Nobody blinks an eye with a Honda.
    But with Honda you know exactly what your getting. A well engineered car that works.
    Its quite sad that Honda doesn't get more publicity with their cars as I truly believe for example even an Accord is just as good as an Audi A4

11. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
  12. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just curious

What is the crash rating for the 7th and 8th Generation Accords?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I believe Honda internal testing is far superior. They have the best crash test dummies and a dedicated test facility the rest well can suck on eggs.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland