ICE & HFT Audio owners manual

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by MancDavo, Wednesday 14th Jan, 2015.

1. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Picked up my new (to me) CR-V yesterday. Impressed so far. One thing is it didn't come with any instructions for the audio system. It's the touch screen sat nav type. It is different to ones I've seen mentioned on here in other threads in that it has no knobs on at all (just some buttons around the perimeter). I'm pretty sure it's a stock item and not fitted aftermarket by the previous owner. Car is a 61 plate ES-T.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy on line? Specifically I'm looking to understand how to turn off the unit when not needed and how to mute the radio when needed (currently having to turn the volume down which while not an issue, doesn't seem the most intuitive way!).

Many thanks in advance!

Mike

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Do you have a picture of the audio system that can help us identify it @MancDavo ?

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  4. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Many thanks - hopefully you can see the attached! image.

5. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Worked out to switch audio off now, just hold down the src button for a few seconds. Still can't find a way to mute the audio though, apart from turning sound down to zero manually. Can't believe that is the way to do it but having read what I can find in the Internet about this system I understand it's not the best.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can anyone help @MancDavo with his query ?

I take it from the lack of replies that this is a rare audio system ?

Does this headunit have a name or model number that its referred to as Mike ?

7. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    I can't see anything on the unit itself in terms of a name or any sort of reference. I have found a few images of it on google but not with any accompanying level of detail at all.

8. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Right - thought I'd resurrect this thread as need some more advice. It turns out is is an official honda sat nav system but was a cheaper option than the proper (more common) one. anyway, I absolutely HATE it! I've never had a built in set nav system before so don't have anything to benchmark against but the graphics look like they're from the early 90s and the audio system is awful. Yes, it does everything you would expect it to but I'm planning keeping this car for a long time and think it deserves something nicer. Another major gripe is the system doesn't look integrated (looks like an after thought almost) and protrudes from the dash to the extent that in sunlight it is impossible to see.

So, does anyone have any recommendations? What is the more common Homda system like to live with? I think I've found something on eBay for around £200. Has anyone put in an after market system that they can recommend? I don't want to break the bank but am resigned to getting my wallet out!

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It looks like it would be close to the size of a standard double DIN headunit, if not already. I'm not sure which stock system @ArcticFire has, but he might be able to advise you further on that front.

10. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    What I'd like to understand is can I do a straight swap or is it likely to be a PITA?

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I cannot confirm mate, however on other models they can be a straight swap. @Beefy should be able to tell you as he may have had to replace the stock unit for yours as an optional extra :Smile:

12. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
  13. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    depends what you are trying to swap? the premium satnav is very expensive to buy or source so I presume you have an aftermarket double-din in mind? it wouldn't be all that simple but its very do-able. also the fitment of an aftermarket radio may look as bad or worse to what yours is now.

14. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    There seem to be a lot available on eBay for less than 200 quid. Most come from Hong Kong, but others from UK. Look to be specifically fitted for 3rd Generation CR-V. I' was thinking of going down that route. Alternatively a nice standard aftermarket one?

How much is the premium sat nav?

Do you have experience of this?