ICE & HFT Audio system warranty?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by gouldy68, Saturday 11th Aug, 2012.

1. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wonder if anyone could be of assistance. Had my tourer for a code of weeks now and have recently noticed a buzz on the drivers side speaker. It's occurring on both radio and aux playback so I figure it's an issue with the speaker rather than the head unit.
    Has anyone else come across this problem at all? The car is a couple of months out of warranty but I don't even know if speakers would be covered.

Thoughts?

2. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After a little searching I found this previous thread (http://hondakarma.com/posts/3884/) which sounds exactly like the issue i'm having. Will contact my local dealer ASAP with fingers crossed for a fix under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes speakers are a chink in the 8th Generation armoury and I too have had three speakers changed, albeit all under warranty with no fuss.

But as you mentioned, your car is out of warranty so not sure whether your local dealer will cover the full cost. You could ask for a partial gesture towards the cost from them, they can only say no.

As soon as mine is out of warranty, I am going to upgrade the speakers to some Pioneer ones.

4. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just got back from the dealers, who are going to look into the problem this Wednesday. They're going to order a new speaker, but if Honda aren't willing to cough up a little of the readies to contribute to the cost (£170.00) i'll try and get the job done my self.

Saja, you said about getting a set of Pioneer speakers for yours once it's out of warranty, have you seen some or do you know what size they would need to be?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud alarm bells should have been ringing on the second time,if I were you I would be asking if they replacing the speakers with the correct countermeasured part.?

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes they did.

On first occassion, drivers front speaker died and the second time, it was the passenger front and rear that died. But all are now replaced after I kicked up a stink so no issues now.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    speakers should be replaced in sets why are these not being done at that time?

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea. Must depend on the dealer I guess.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    or one being tea leafed :Wink:

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL

There is that too, but I don't have enough evidence to go on the proverbial finger-pointing crusade!

11. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have to say that I am very impressed. Just had a call from the local dealer to inform me that Honda had called them and agreed to pay for the cost of a replacement speaker. I am footing the bill for the labour, but at £40 I can't complain as the car is out of warranty. I didn't even have to lean on Honda heavily in the first place. Very pleased indeed.

Ichiban likes this.
  12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Win-win situation :Smile:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had this speaker issue on mine when it was new but my local dealer was super efficient as usual and changed them next day.

I have a smaller problem which probably isn't a warranty issue but this is the most relevant thread I've found to post it in. I have transferred a lot of my CDs onto a memeory stick to plug into the USB port. The system palys MP3s fine but will not play WMA format files despite the "WMA" graphic on the fascia of the unit. Has anyone else found this? Maybe it's more of a Windows 7-derived issue rather than the car's audio system. It's not really an issue to me I just rip the CDs in question again in Windows Media Player in the MP3 format. Just asking out of interest really.

Cheers.

15. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a similar problem and think it is to do with WMA lossless format files, if you convert them with the lossless option off they should play fine.....or just use old fashioned MP3.

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers, I'll try WMA lossless format.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would avoid WMA altogether. Woeful and inefficient format for any device let alone the Accord.