ICE & HFT Audio unit software update?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Navrig, Sunday 29th May, 2016.

1. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    I have a fairly basic stereo unit in my CR-V. It has the basics - CD player, BT connection, FM and Digital radio. The display unit is set in the top of the dash. There is a USB connector which allows an iPod to be connected.

I have a minor issue which is that artist and track details from my phone are not displayed. I use a Samsung S5. My daughter has an HTC One X and when using it the artist and track details are displayed on the car stereo display. I presume that issue lies with Samsung's software however I was wondering if the stereo unit has the most up to date software.

How would I check and how would get it updated?

Additionally, if I connect a USB multi-port to the car USB connector would there be enough power to charge more than one device?

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been meaning to look into this too. My wife's nissan note had the same issue with my Samsung so I tried a different player and all the track info then came up. I'll try some music players tomorrow and see what happens.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

This may or may not be related, but I can't pair my (work) Samsung S5 to the Bluetooth. All other makes of 'phone (have tried iPhone and Nokia Windows 'phone) work without issue.

I know people with other makes - Mercedes especially - who have similar issues with the S5.

Weird...

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Navrig when using the HTC on the CR-V. Does the album art come up as well?

The Americans have the Pandora app witch is the same as lastfm which shows everything including artwork on the iMID. I've enabled it but I don't get an option in the source menu to select it. Ill try my wife's blackberry and see works.