Off-Topic Aussie Muscle Truck on my street

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 4th Oct, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get into the kitchen to make a cuppa of coffee and I hear this powerful car with a distinctive V8 roar all I saying please be american muscle.

Long Behold what rolls up a Holden Special Vehicles aka HSV Maloo with top cover .

Massive slotted disc and red calipers and sheer aussie horsepower :Smile: Sorry pic quality sucks as it raining up north :Angry:

photo (10).

That is just made my day !

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a better picture of the R8 HSV Maloo from wiki

800px-2007_HSV_Maloo_R8_(Front_view).

3. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice bark off them for sure but still a GM :Tea: .

4. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    I do like that, looks nice. :Thumbup:

5. Honey Badger Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richie Northants
    You can't beat the sound of a big V8, a guy down the street from me has a F150 SVT lighting, which looks awesome in pearlescent midnight blue and makes the entire estate shake as he rumbles past.

Not that he rumbles past very often as it costs him a fortune to run :Smile:

He's obviously a man of taste, his other car is a Civic Sport and his wife drives a HR-V.

I like the look of the holden, though it does slightly remind me of a barried up P100

6. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    Have you seen the new Raptor powerful vehicle, I want one except I reckon I would struggle with it's lack of MPG. :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Corvette GM sounds better :Whistle:

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The best bit is all that (discs and callipers) comes as standard.

I was looking for a Monaro a couple of years back (the coupe version this car is based on) but I wanted a super charger version of the 6.0L V8 but they're a rare beast.

The Maloo's are extremely rare I've still not seen one yet, not much call for them over here. They do look nice though, especially in that colour in the second photo. The Aussie's certainly know how to make a utility vehicle.

I think the 1st photo has just help me decide which colour I'm getting my wheels changed to. :Smile: