Guides Auto Door Locking

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Boggie, Monday 12th Oct, 2015.

1. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I took delivery of my 2011 CR-V EX on Saturday and one thing I was surprised at is that the dooors do not auto-lock when I start driving. Even my Dad's old Rover 45 has this anti-carjack feature (and who in their right mind would want to carjack a Rover!)

I have been searching the internet as a lot of cars have 'hidden' features that can be activated either by a series of button / lever operations or via the OBD2 port etc. However, the only info i can find on setting auto-lock on the CR-V involves use of the park function; something I do not have as I prefer manual.

Can anyone help please? It seems odd that a 4yr old luxury car does not have this function and the roads of leafy Buckinghamshire are full of highwaymen...
    Thanks

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Boggie I can't speak for the 3rd Generation CR-V but my 4th Generation doesn't have this feature as far as I know and neither did my previous Accord.

Sorry...

3. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Ed,

Have you seen / tried the YouTube tutorial for auto gearbox cars? It works on US models so would be interesting to hear if it does on UK auto cars. Doesn't help me of course because I have a six-speed manual....

Cheers

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I haven't but will try to have a look later.

5. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Can you maybe give the address for the video - if it's allowed on the forum?

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Zoot if it is on YouTube you can just post a link without any issues.

7. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
  8. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    @Boggie is it possible for you to attach the YouTube link?

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It can do it, but is disabled at factory for the UK market.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Interesting...why would that be I wonder?

TBH in the few places I've ever been where I felt I needed the doors locked, I just push the button on the door.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Boggie - is this the guide you were talking about for the 3rd Generation CR-V?

Here is a guide on how to do it on the 4th Generation (United States). I can confirm that my UK 2014MY CR-V doesn't have those menu options at all...would be interesting to see whether a 2015MY owner does.

11. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep. The first one was the one I referred to. Sorry I couldn't post a link as i was posting from my mobile and watching the tutorial via an app.

What a shame Honda decided to disable it for the European market. I guess either they felt the EU is safer than the US or perhaps some EU legislation prevented them deploying the functionality. Who knows....

Thanks

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just had an official response from Honda: the auto-lock facility was disabled in the UK for both manual and auto cars to comply with EU regulation.

FirstHonda likes this.
  13. printer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Russian Federation Vadim Moscow, Russia
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  15. printer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok guys, you need this link, not me :clap:

16. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Printer!

Very interesting. Do you know if it will work on UK car software (EG Is the auto-lock disabled in your country) and is it a case of plug in and leave it there or does it program the ECU then you unplug it?

Cheers,
    B
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ahh, just spotted this is for the auto NOT manual as above so will not work.

Thanks anyway

17. printer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It definetely works on UK cars sinse the device uses can bus to lock the doors.
    It also works on MT cars as well as AT. When the car reaches 20 km/h speed, it locks the doors automatically, and unlocks when the ignition is turned off.

18. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been emailing them and unfortunately this model does not work for manual cars. However, the good news (potentially) is that they have a solution that combines a simple plug-in OBD2 dongle with an in-line loom to connect to the ignition key connector to give the ACC-Off trigger to unlock the doors. They are going to send me one to try...

Thanks,
    B