General Auto Express 10 worst cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Friday 26th Sep, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Saw this in the paper, no surprise the Ssangyong Rodius is number 1. Strange the Suzuki X-90 was only 7th.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

My google search couldn't find it! :Epic Fail:

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I had a go in a Lexus SC 430 - I must say I rather liked it

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We're lucky the Honda Insight didn't make the list :Whistle:

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why was it only the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible? The normal PT Cruiser should've been in there and come to think of it so should the whole Chrysler range! Saw a PT Cruiser with 1970's wood-effect trim on the sides the other day.... WHY? :Rolf:

Once you've launched turd like the Avenger and the Alpine and Solara it cannot get any worse! You've achieved the lowest of the low!

Hillman Avenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.imcdb.org/i136843.jpg

http://www.aronline.co.uk/images/alpinegall_07.jpg

OK the Solara was technically a Talbot but it was a case of the same $hyte, different wrapper.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I always rather liked the Daihatsu Move too - in fact most of the kei cars are pretty funky IMHO!

In any case, as with so many articles like this, it is flawed journalism. They note that the Mitsubishi Carisma was practical and reliable, and was derided as it didn't live up to its name. So, if it wasn't a terrible car, why include it in this list? Now, if the list was the ten LEAST EXCITING cars, perhaps it would be included...

Pedant out. :boss:

8. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Bit unfair,,,,my insights reliable,eco ,economically fantastic,automatic,well pleased with her

FirstHonda and John Dickson like this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I was referring to another list that came out that had it on, I agree with you completely my friend :Smile:

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Nonsense if you ask me, but what can you expect from Auto Bild Express, they wouldn't dare putting German shite in there, if cars like the Rodius made it because their ugly then the BMW X6, X1, 5 GT etc should all be in there.

Some of those cars serve their purpose well like the G Whizz.

11. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    An ex girlfriend of mine worked on the advertisement for the city rover and loved it.
    She owned a Clio and worked in "meed-ee-ja" though so not exactly the brightest in the bunch. She never got paid for the rover Job as before they paid her (dodging the bill for a year or two might I add) , the company went under.

This is a list baised on opinion, an opinion influneced by the publishing house's contracts.... Much like P/H so it's always going to be controversial for all the tong reasons, I'd love to see an actual baised on number sold, faults, build quality etc but I think that would take far too much work for the motoring press to bother with.

(And where the hell is the fiat 500? Or the Vauxhaul Adam? Or the bloody triumph spitfire? The god awful quality of the TVR wedges....)
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, thought my grumpiness was over, it isn't.

The fiat 500 wouldn't go up hills without the right package at point of perchase! And they continued to sell them like that till this year! What the hell auto bild?!:disagree::Rant:

And what about the standard Chevy Monte Carlo? The SS was and still is a great set of cars but the standard ones.... Yeeeesh.
    Everything post 77' that Cadillac has produced!
    The bloody Aztec! I hated that one so much I took it back and ended up with a sodding Monte Carlo!
    :disagree::sorry:

12. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I think this is one of the worst looking currently for sale. The wheels are too small?!
    2014-ford-ecosport.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Every manufacturer is following the Orange trend, its bizarre everyone seems to like orange or has it come back into fashion?. I personally think the new Jazz in Orange looks mint.

I agree Paul that Ford has tiny tyres, ascetically it looks a mess.

58065_2015_Honda_Jazz.

Last edited: Thursday 17th Sep, 2015
    DeviateDefiant likes this.