General Auto Express Autumn Honda Special

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Dickson, Tuesday 29th Sep, 2015.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Auto Express have released an autumn special edition including a Honda special edition.

Not had chance to look at it properly yet but at a first glance (and I mean a quick glance through) they focus on Type-R lineage among other things.

Also an interview with Takahiro Hachigo

They asked him about the future shape of Honda will it focus on SUVs, CUVs or whatever they call them or is there still room for traditional models like the Accord.

He hasn't ruled out a new Accord for Europe but has said there are no current plans for a replacement. However they are aware of the strength of the D Segment in Europe so are monitoring the situation with a potential in mind for a return. Lets hope Mazda 6 continues to do well then and the Subaru Levorg then we might just might :fingerscrossed: get a new Accord! :OTT::BooYeah::party::mosh::Hooray:

I've left the magazine at my parents house so struggling to elaborate more from memory at the moment.

exec, FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right off to Tesco to get hold of it , damn just recalled have had four pints.
    NSX lead designer Michelle Christensen, no wonder the car looks fit.
    01-acura-nsx-exterior-mockup-exterior-design-project-leader-embargo-2015-01.12.

Duc de Pommfrit and John Dickson like this.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't notice a car in that picture ;-)
    - - - Updated - - -
    There is also a section on Lawn and Garden, pumps and generators that you'll be interested in @Ichiban

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Seen the video on you tube mate, finally some-long over exposure. I am buying a few more toys this month.:Devil:

John Dickson likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Slightly :offtopic: , but Time Out have a "30 ways Japan will blow your mind" feature this week.

Some highlights:

12. You can drive the cars of the future. "...try Honda's 'Uni-Cub', a personal mobility device that USA Today compared to a 'bar stool on wheels.'

13. Perfectionism rules! "'I do the same thing over and over, improving bit by bit' says octogenarian sushi master Jiri Ono in 2011...perfectionism is hardwired into Japanese culture."

18. Home deliveries actually arrive when you want them to.

20. People are really, really good at queuing. Really good! "Waiting in line is a national pastime in Japan, and it's been refined to a high art."

26. There are no rail strikes.

30. Vertical parking.

Overall, it's a nicely written piece.

Will search out the AutoExpress on Honda as well.

:Smile:

John Dickson likes this.
  6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    John Dickson likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I bought the issue this evening to read on the train.

All I can say is, that if you like your Honda, it is well worth getting a copy.

38 pages - yes, that was 38 pages - and some really good articles, including one about the other products Honda sells, and one about the adverts.

Excellent stuff. Well done Auto Express :clap:

:gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda::gohonda:

John Dickson likes this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    im off to the ASDA then...:Smile:

John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    How much is a copy?

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

exec likes this.
  11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Ah in that case I won't bother as I read most of it already, thought the mag had lots of extras.